The Upside (2019)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Upside (2019)

Post by Leisher »

There is actual backlash for able bodied Cranston playing a disabled person.

People are fucking insane and his response was really good.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

The Upside (2019)

Post by GORDON »

The more I am exposed to people whining about their hurt feelings, the more I want to do whatever hurts their feelings.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Cakedaddy

The Upside (2019)

Post by Cakedaddy »

I wonder if people would complain about Breaking Bad today. Unless he really was a meth dealer in real life.

And there goes all the space travel movies. No one really doing that.
Vince

The Upside (2019)

Post by Vince »

Watched this with the wife. An outstanding film.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

The Upside (2019)

Post by Leisher »

I really enjoyed this movie.

I was not aware that it was a remake of the film The Intouchables, which was based upon a real relationship. Liberties were taken to make the story more griping for film, but the relationship exists.

Hart and Cranston have some pretty good chemistry, and both deliver very strong performances. I personally think Hart kind of steals the movie. Kidman is also very likable and more attractive than she's been in years.

Recommended.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”