Gun Control catch all

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

California bar shooting.

I guess he won't make the "off duty Marines" thread...

He clearly suffered mental health issues, but since we've disassembled places that could have helped him he instead shoots up a bar. Let's blame guns!
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I guess he won't make the "off duty Marines" thread...
I briefly considered posting it there, then I remembered to not be a dick.

Sad that mental health system had a chance at him and it didn't work.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by GORDON »

He took advantage of a Gun Free Zone, whatever his reasons. And they say Marines aren't smart.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

Are you telling me guns weren't allowed there? How in the fuck did he get his in then!?
GORDON
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by GORDON »

And, he was only 19 in a 21+ club. None of this is possible.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: And, he was only 19 in a 21+ club. None of this is possible.
I thought he was 28?
GORDON
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote:
GORDON wrote: And, he was only 19 in a 21+ club. None of this is possible.
I thought he was 28?
Probably, if he as a vet. I saw 19 somewhere else and didn't give enough fuck to verify.
GORDON
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by GORDON »

Holy shit, Ohio just passed Stand Your Ground.

https://www.10tv.com/article/ohio-house ... round-bill

edit - Correction, passed by the House. On to Senate. That's less exciting.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by GORDON »

Now the left is going to love bump stocks. Damn.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

Ha! I had a similar thought.

This'll be one I pull out to fuck with someone going on a rant about Trump and how he's done nothing for the country.

Love him or hate him, and this goes for ALL the presidents, you can't say they didn't do a single thing that was "good". And I'm not even saying I agree with this ban, but you get my point.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

Louis C.K. is in trouble for suggesting shooting victims aren't experts on gun control.

Seriously, fuck these Lakeland kids. Yeah, someone shot up their school, that sucks. However, that doesn't mean everything they say or do is perfect from that day forward. Since then they've been clearly manipulated by the MSM and anti-gun folks, and quite honestly, are acting like bullies to anyone with a different opinion.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

PSA urges children to break multiple laws in the name of "ending gun violence".

Note: The PSA is no longer on the production company's feed. I wonder why? I had to get it from elsewhere.

Vince

Gun Control catch all

Post by Vince »

Between ignorance of the law and ignorance of firearms, the anti-2A people are really dangerous.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

Another shooting overseas, this time in the Netherlands.

Without looking, describe the shooter. It's pretty easy.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

Anti-gun folks are jerking each other off about NZ's reactionary gun control proposals.

They already had stricter gun control laws than the U.S. Didn't help did it? It never will until people address the weapon that pulled the trigger.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Anti-gun folks are jerking each other off about NZ's reactionary gun control proposals.

They already had stricter gun control laws than the U.S. Didn't help did it? It never will until people address the weapon that pulled the trigger.
I mean, it did for 30 years, I guess?
Leisher
Site Admin

Gun Control catch all

Post by Leisher »

That we've heard of or nobody got mad enough because they live in freaking New Zealand.
Vince

Gun Control catch all

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote: I mean, it did for 30 years, I guess?
Part of the problem with all of these is that people get so freaked out that they make stupid and reactionary laws based on unrealistic fears. This shooting was a huge outlier. The same is true of school shootings (despite stupid padded numbers control advocates come up with) here in the states. Even with mass school shootings, they are statistically such rare events that you can't draw much reliable data from them.

You're very more likely to be struck by lightning than be shot in a mass shooting. You're more likely to win the powerball than be killed by a mass shooter. Rates of death by flu and pneumonia every year massively dwarf that of mass shooters, but that's not exciting news print.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren