Today in racism

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

They lost me in the first paragraph:
Nimesh Patel, a comedian and writer for Saturday Night Live, was yanked from the stage in the midst of his routine at Columbia University on Friday after students decided his material was homophobic, racist, and making them feel unsafe.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Love the headline:
Columbia University Students Kick SNL Comedian Nimesh Patel Off Stage For Making Unsafe Jokes
This country is fucked.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

Serious question for all of you:

You're hiring, and you just interviewed a stellar candidate. You take him/her out to lunch, your mind is all but made, and you're celebrating. He/she then tells a story about how a comedian came to the campus once, and told some inappropriate jokes that made the candidate feel "really unsafe."

You laugh at first, then realize the person is serious.

Do you hire this person?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

I would certainly be less inclined to.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: I would certainly be less inclined to.
Ditto.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

I mean, it's not a complete deal-breaker... but it's a heavy negative.
It's not me, it's someone else.
thibodeaux

Today in racism

Post by thibodeaux »

Check your privilege, bigots
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

Your post is making me feel unsafe.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

"Crazy white woman" gets arrested after "racist tirade".

Both in quotes because those are the words of the MSM. I find it funny that the first term is itself kind of racist. Meanwhile the racist tirade was that she dropped one racial slur after a long physical fight with another woman.

The woman clearly has issues, so can we, as a society, please stop using racism as a crutch for everything?
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

FYI, CNN is running a headline hailing a minority passenger in the car with the idiot above as being a hero because they said "Your white privilege won't work here".

Got to love the hypocrisy.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Forever 21 under fire for "Wakanda Forever" sweater.

The sweater isn't the issue. It's the model. He's white. That's apparently racism...

I've said it many time before and I will continue doing so: The most racist people in this country at this point in time are politically left leaning black people.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

Shit I hope they don't find out I bought the blu ray, because I'm white and they'll fuck me.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Vince

Today in racism

Post by Vince »

This has been wild to watch. Northam thought being contrite would get him off the hook. It didn't. Now he's saying it's not him in the picture and is going all OJ looking for the real racist that's in the picture. And he's refusing to step down. I really hope this goes on for a week. Or better yet, a full Scaramucci.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
thibodeaux

Today in racism

Post by thibodeaux »

Politician today proposes bill legalizing POST DELIVERY abortion....I sleep.

Politician 30-ish years ago as a college student posed in a picture....THIS IS UNACCEPTEABLE AND HAS NO PLAYCE IN ARE SOCIETY!!!
Vince

Today in racism

Post by Vince »

Do we know if Northam was in Chicago when Smollett was supposed to have been assaulted? That is about the only way this gets any weirder.
thibodeaux

Today in racism

Post by thibodeaux »

CNN labels the (Democrat) Governor as (R): Perhaps this is the Scarlet Letter R, for racist. Although...maybe the R should be a different color. What's the most racist color?

(To ask is to answer)
Vince

Today in racism

Post by Vince »

If you haven't seen the presser from Saturday, you HAVE to go back and watch that. Northam says it's not him in the picture, but he did once dress in black face to be Michael Jackson in a dance contest. At this point a reporter asked him if he could moonwalk. He said he could. Reporter followed up with question asking if he still could. Northam actually looks over to his right to see if he has enough room to do it. His wife actually has to step in and tell him this isn't the appropriate time for this!

Holy shit this guy is bad.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Northam is great fun. He's completely gone from CNN's front page today though. I guess that story resolved itself.

Liam Neeson admits wanting "racist revenge" at one point in his life.

This is a strange story. Why say anything about this publicly? Seems like it has more potential to get you in trouble than not. However, it's a great example of how people develop bias.
Vince

Today in racism

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: Northam is great fun. He's completely gone from CNN's front page today though. I guess that story resolved itself.
The Lt. Gov has had a #MeToo moment crop up and the press is trying really hard to not cover it and act like there is somehow less corroborating evidence for this claim compared to the Kavenaugh coverage that went wall to wall. So keeping pressure on Northam means covering the rape charge against Fairfax. They'd rather go back to bashing Trump.