Today in racism

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

"Man" claiming to be against racism stiffs waitress due to her skin color.

Weird that this isn't bigger news, right? (sarcasm intended)

Note that this asshole loved how he hurt her and even posted about it on his FB page.

Make sure you read the part on who's paying for his education.

Only white people are racist though...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Twitch streamer points out KFC emote (created for a promotion and gone as it's over) could be a tool for trolls.

Uh...ok? Not to doubt your intentions, but you're the one making this racist. The article never actually states it was used that way or cite's examples. It suggests it might have, but no proof is given.

Is this where we are now though? KFC can't advertise because some Twitch troll might invoke their name or brand to tease someone else? How about Saltines? Can they advertise? Uncle Ben's rice? Taco Bell? And the list goes on for fucking ever.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

White songwriter's statue removed because someone thinks it's racist.

It doesn't matter that others don't and believe his songs were anti-slavery.

No, what matters is they'll replace it with a statue of a black woman. Because...racism!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Black person called Nigga on receipt, outraged!

Server fired.

Server who entered it was black.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

The server who entered it was the one who was fired? Not going to read TFA.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: The server who entered it was the one who was fired? Not going to read TFA.
Server who entered the receipt, listing the customer as Nigga, was black, and fired.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

Roger.

Sounds like an important lesson was learned.
thibodeaux

Today in racism

Post by thibodeaux »

Maybe it was autocorrect.

Or maybe that was the guy's name. It's not implausible
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

thibodeaux wrote: Maybe it was autocorrect.

Or maybe that was the guy's name. It's not implausible
Really? An entire Wikipedia article that totally fails to say ANYTHING about his name?
thibodeaux

Today in racism

Post by thibodeaux »

I just meant...you know...it's also got a very small levenstein distance to the N-word.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

thibodeaux wrote: I just meant...you know...it's also got a very small levenstein distance to the N-word.
I know... but I feel like his dad had a reason, and I can't believe it wasn't addressed, or something.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

thibodeaux

Today in racism

Post by thibodeaux »

A shame Queen Elizabeth didn't think of that.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

White lady blocked black neighbor from entering his home.

She was fired from her job. Justice right?

Well, now her side is coming out:
-She is married to a black guy.
-Her condo association asked residents to block entry for strangers.
-She didn't know the guy and when asked on video what unit he lived in, he responded "I don't have to give you that information."

I think they're both guilty of making this a national issue.

Instead of being friendly and proving he lived there, he went the insolent route. Her dumb ass watched him unlock his door and go inside, yet still called police.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

I wouldn't tell a nosy stranger where I lived, either. I blame the HOA. They should have defined how to identify a "stranger," if they wanted a vigilantly posse to enforce rules.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

You know what would have helped? If someone had taken all the residents' photographs and hung them in the entrance lobby...
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

HELLO< Jerry.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

An opinion column on CNN's front page in response to the synagogue shooting.
Racism gathers into its dark embrace haters of every kind. Their victims can be of any minority group -- Jew, Muslim, Latino, black, gay.
Nothing like fighting racism with racism...
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

SNL comedian kicked off stage for offensive jokes.

Like this one
During the event, Patel's performance featured commentary on his experience living in a diverse area of New York City—including a joke about a gay, black man in his neighborhood—which AAA officials deemed inappropriate. Patel joked that being gay cannot be a choice because "no one looks in the mirror and thinks, 'this black thing is too easy, let me just add another thing to it.'"
if you're Black and gay, you don't need a straight South Asian guy to point out that your life is hard because you're Black and gay," wrote a student, Liberty Martin, in an op-ed. Martin accused Patel of "blatant anti-blackness," with reference to the above joke, specifically