NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Patrick Mahomes is right-handed.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: those days are never coming back
Agree with most of what you said, but I do think medical science will reach a point where CTE becomes treatable and preventable. Too much money in sports for that not to happen.

But yes, without that, it should never go back to what it was.
TheCatt wrote: SmegHeads
Sounds right:
Noun
smeghead (plural smegheads)

(slang, derogatory) A fool.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: but I do think medical science will reach a point where CTE becomes treatable and preventable.
Cancer, heart disease, and a bunch of other diseases disagree.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: but I do think medical science will reach a point where CTE becomes treatable and preventable.
Cancer, heart disease, and a bunch of other diseases disagree.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

In other news, more of the MSM is starting to come around on Tomlin.

Although, they treat him way too well. There's zero proof he's a good coach. Who isn't a good coach with HOF players all over your team?

Witten is a disaster.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

[video][/video]
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Another contract offer revealed.

$47 million over 3 years with $20 million guaranteed. How the fuck is he supposed to feed his family on that?
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

WTF is going on with field goal kickers this year?

Boswell used to never miss and now he's missing field goals and extra points. Crosby has missed all three FG attempts today in a dome.

Most kickers in the league are just sucking this year. Did they change the ball or something?

Weird fantasy week too. I'm 3-1 and sitting at 2 points at halftime of the first games with 5 players yet to play. Another guy in our league is 0-4 and sitting at 98 points with 1 left to play. I've never seen an early point total that high, nor have I ever seen an early point total that low.

AB, Jarvis Landry each have a single point for me and Royce Freeman is getting shut out by the Jets. This is the second week in a row he's done nothing after several weeks of double digit scoring. I might trade him if he doesn't turn it around in the second half.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Boswell used to never miss and now he's missing field goals and extra points. Crosby has missed all three FG attempts today in a dome.
Yeah, that Boswell mother fucker is on my team, too.

BROWNS WIN! In an ugly terrible game.

Panthers have a 63 yd FG to win at the buzzer. Insanity.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

AFC North: Only division where no team has a losing record. Also the only division where all teams have outscored their opponents overall.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

A Redskins win should would be nice (and unlikely) tonight. But even with a loss, 2-2 would put them in sole possession of 1st place in the NFC East. :shock:
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Crosby ended up missing 5 kicks yesterday.

WTF is up with the Rams D? A few players out and they're worse than Pittsburgh's? And how is Seattle's O scoring that much?

Nice to see the Dolphins are back in reality. Up 17-0 and lose 27-17.

Jones is questioning Garrett's gutless call in OT.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

To be fair, the Cowboys run game was barely moving.

Gano's 63 could have been could at almost 70.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: To be fair, the Cowboys run game was barely moving.
Got to give the ball to your best player on critical plays. The problem with Dallas is nobody respects their passing game, and why should they? Most people probably can't name one of their receivers. Hell, I'd bet most casual fans would say Witten and Bryant. Dallas needs to call Bryant and bring him back. Just having that deep threat would open things up for Elliot.
Troy

NFL

Post by Troy »

TheCatt wrote:.

Gano's 63 could have been could at almost 70.
And when I turned on the talking heads at the end of the day, all they could talk about was how bad kickers were this week.

Not Gano, that beautiful little kicking man. Incredible kick glossing over severe clock mismanagement at the end for us. OBJ still OBJ.
Last edited by Troy on Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Dallas needs to call Bryant and bring him back. Just having that deep threat would open things up for Elliot.
You're not wrong. But I see a 0% chance of that happening. I'm still hoping the Redskins call him. They need him.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

538 sports predictions for NFC East:

Eagles 9-7 - 50% chance to win division