Big Mouth

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
GORDON
Site Admin

Big Mouth

Post by GORDON »

Yay! Netflix.

A raunchy animated comedy about a group of school friends as they literally begin puberty, and the real problems and changes it brings.

It is obscene... but it feels strangely accurate. One kid can't stop jerking off. One girl gets her first period while on a field trip, while wearing white shorts. I'm actually contemplating letting my kid watch it, since he's hitting that age.

I dunno. Just a strange, original show.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Big Mouth

Post by Leisher »

I am really enjoying this show.

Lots of voices you'll recognize, but Nick Kroll does a lot of them as well. I honestly thought the Hormone Monster was Will Arnett and was shocked to learn it was Kroll. I love that Jason Mantzoukas (Rafi from The League) is in this and his character is like a Rafi in training. John Mulaney's voice works perfectly in this project. He actually sounds like a kid going through puberty. Seriously, check out the IMDB page and you'll see a fuckton of people you know.

This isn't a "laugh out loud" show, so much as it's entertaining and, as Gordon says, accurate. Yes, you'll laugh and it is outrageous at moments, but it also really hits the nail on the head in how we think at that age.

Maybe a little too adult for your kid Gordo. Even if it's not, I mean, you don't want to start going through a lot of soup do you?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Big Mouth

Post by Leisher »

Haven't heard if this was renewed, but Nick Kroll posted a picture from table reads today, which wouldn't be happening if it wasn't.

So yay!
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Big Mouth

Post by Leisher »

Season 2 hits October 5th.
Leisher
Site Admin

Big Mouth

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Big Mouth

Post by TheCatt »

How... exactly did they get away with showing 7th grade penis? i mean, i know it's not real, but wtf?
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Big Mouth

Post by TheCatt »

"Try not to think about AIDS"
Leisher
Site Admin

Big Mouth

Post by Leisher »

Finally got around to watching the last episode of season 2 tonight. The fact that it took me over a month should indicate how I felt about this season. Nowhere near as good as the first season. They introduce a new hormone monster that is simply the worst character on the show, and ruins every scene he's in.

I will say that the final episode was decent, and made some changes to the status quo, so maybe season 3 will be better.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Big Mouth

Post by TheCatt »

Maybe I'll stop after Season 1.
Leisher
Site Admin

Big Mouth

Post by Leisher »

There is a Valentine's episode out there that is better than season 2. All the stuff I hated about season 2 is nowhere to be found.

It's 45 minutes long being a "double episode".
TheCatt
Site Admin

Big Mouth

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: There is a Valentine's episode out there that is better than season 2. All the stuff I hated about season 2 is nowhere to be found.

It's 45 minutes long being a "double episode".
I think you mean, Valentime's Day? Netflix keeps hitting me with the preview. I've skipped S2, so maybe I'll check it out.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Big Mouth

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Big Mouth

Post by Leisher »

Obviously, this depicts bisexuality as not being inclusive of a wide gender spectrum and also implies that trans people aren’t identified as just men and women.
Big Mouth implied that trans people would only classify themselves as a man or woman. Thus, they left out trans people who identify as one of the other 40+ other genders.

What's not to get? :roll:
Leisher
Site Admin

Big Mouth

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Big Mouth

Post by TheCatt »

We also would have accepted "Because the show isn't funny"
Leisher
Site Admin

Big Mouth

Post by Leisher »

The first season was good. The second was just terrible.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Big Mouth

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: The first season was good. The second was just terrible.
Yeah. It had its moments, then just.. blah.