Today's Moron Champion

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by Leisher »

I saw that on the Chive yesterday. That bitch is crazy. Dude dodged a huge bullet.

Of course, a lot of folks will point out that's the sort of entitled brats our society is grooming.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by Leisher »

What's a great way to welcome kindergartners back to school?

If you said "pole dancers" then you probably just got fired.

Also...

Everyone mocking a former Cosby show actor for having a real job can go fuck themselves. Morons.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by TheCatt »

I read a while ago about a writer who wrote for lots of pretty successful TV shows. But then he ran out how f work, and got divorced, and was basically broke. He was a member of the union, but had to wait until he was 65 for the penaion and health stuff to kick in.

So he took a day job like that actor to get by.
Vince

Today's Moron Champion

Post by Vince »

I saw a playwrite talking about how she regularly took jobs like that. She stayed away from "jobs to pay the bills" that took creative energy because she didn't want to be drained when it came time for her to sit down and write in the evening.

I think the fans to mockers ratio is definitely in Owens' favor.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by TheCatt »

Homeless man helps woman, woman creates GoFundMe for him, raises $400k. Now some (most? half?) of that money is missing.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by Leisher »

People who get vampire facials.

You fucking deserve whatever diseases you catch.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: People who get vampire facials.

You fucking deserve whatever diseases you catch.
Yeah, that's fucked up.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by Leisher »

Linda Harvey doesn't like downstairs kisses.

I'm sure her husband is thrilled with his life.
Vince

Today's Moron Champion

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: Linda Harvey doesn't like downstairs kisses.

I'm sure her husband is thrilled with his life.
Coworker: I've never had an interest in anal sex. You don't even need a woman for that. You can have anal with a guy.
Me: You don't need a woman to get a blowjob. A dude can do that.
Coworker: Ummm... okay, I may need to rethink this.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by TheCatt »

School fires teacher who gaves students 0% for work not turned in.
She says she gave her students two weeks to complete an explorer’s notebook project but says some of them didn’t turn it in.

That’s when she says she learned about a no-zero grading policy, written in red in the school’s handbook, stating, “NO ZERO’S – LOWEST POSSIBLE GRADE IS 50%.”
Da fuq?
GORDON
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by GORDON »

Public schools aren't in business to educate children.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Public schools aren't in business to educate children.
Sadly, this is the truth.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by TheCatt »

Our school experiences have actually been really good, for the most part.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Our school experiences have actually been really good, for the most part.
Private or public?

Public schools teach to tests for funding now. We've had great experiences with teachers who still try, but we've also encountered teachers who are basically teaching a self study class.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Private or public?
Public. I'm not rich enough for private.

The care the teachers have shown, etc, has mostly been well above average. Especially given how little they make.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by Leisher »

Teachers are generally pretty awesome, but like other public servants who get blamed a lot for the failure of the system, they, aside from some bad ones, aren't the issue. It's the people above who enable the shitty ones and hamstring the good ones.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by TheCatt »

"And if you want to blame someone, blame the girls, because they pretty much ruin everything," Hensley continued. "They ruin the dress code, well -- ask Adam. Look at Eve. That's really all you got to get to. You can go back to the beginning of time.

"So, it'll be like that for the rest of your life; get used to it, keep your mouth shut, suck it up and follow the rules."
I would argue about this being "truth"

I'd argue a lot of things, but you know, for real argue.