NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

TheCatt wrote: Let me see Roethlisberger lose.
Amen to that brutha!!

Browns win by 7!!
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Interesting look at trends in the NFL http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2459 ... osses-more
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Ben has thrown three picks, although two were the receivers' fault. (I missed the first one, so I don't know who was responsible.) Yet somehow the Steelers are winning by 7 in a rain soaked, sloppy game. (Just saw a highlight. First one was Ben's fault.)

Andrew Luck admits he hurt his shoulder snow boarding.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Ben has thrown three picks, although two were the receivers' fault. (I missed the first one, so I don't know who was responsible.) Yet somehow the Steelers are winning by 7 in a rain soaked, sloppy game. (Just saw a highlight. First one was Ben's fault.)

Andrew Luck admits he hurt his shoulder snow boarding.
I like your new punt returner.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: I like your new punt returner.
Me too!

Also, Leveon who? This is NOT what Bell and his agent were rooting for today. Conner has 100+ yards and 2 TDs and we're still in the third quarter.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

How about Ryan Fitzpatrick's one game per season where people wonder why he isn't a starter?
Leisher wrote: Also, Leveon who? This is NOT what Bell and his agent were rooting for today. Conner has 100+ yards and 2 TDs and we're still in the third quarter.
To be fair, it's the Browns.

So far the only real surprise to me is how badly the Bucs are killing the Saints.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: So far the only real surprise to me is how badly the Bucs are killing the Saints.
It's shocking.
TheCatt wrote: To be fair, it's the Browns.
They're better than you think and years past.

Also, the Steelers just got fucked by a bad call and no obvious way to overturn it in replay.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: They're better than you think and years past.
I'm going to need a bit more evidence first.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Should have been a touchback.
Nope, it was already dead. Right call was made.

AND ANOTHER FUMBLE..oh my. Garrett.

Browns have to go more than 1 yard, so Steelers should probably still feel good.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Nope, it was already dead. Right call was made.
Probably. I'm still pissed about the horrible fucking they got on the punt return.
TheCatt wrote: AND ANOTHER FUMBLE..oh my. Garrett.
5 TOs. If the Steelers win, the Browns should all commit seppuku.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: 5 TOs. If the Steelers win, the Browns should all commit seppuku.
If the Browns lose, I'm saying this is some pretty good evidence that the Browns are still the Browns. If you cannot win with 5 TOs, wtf?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Browns have to go more than 1 yard, so Steelers should probably still feel good.
Well, I was right the first time.

Nice catch by Gordon.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Nice catch by Gordon.
I thought so too, but it also made me realize I have no idea what a catch is anymore "by rule". The ball was clearly moving in his hands on the way down.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

The officials inability to overturn that clear turnover on the punt was the turning point in this game.

The Steelers would have had a 2 TD lead and the ball deep in Browns territory.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: The ball was clearly moving in his hands on the way down.
I think... only people wearing black + gold share your opinion :)

I missed the punt turnover play. What happened?
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: I think... only people wearing black + gold share your opinion
You'd have to be blind. He, literally, rotated his hands to adjust for the movement.
TheCatt wrote: I missed the punt turnover play. What happened?
Punt bounced off the ground and hit Chubb's helmet. Chubb flinched when it hit him, but camera angles were only at him and behind him. None from the sides. Steelers players pounced on the ball and Cleveland players tried as well, but the officials on the field didn't make the right call. Thus, "indisputable evidence" came into play.

Here's a shock: A Mike Tomlin coached team is completely undisciplined. All these flags negating big plays...
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

In related news, I fucking hate Mike Tomlin.

The most overrated coach in history.

In other related news, I discovered YouTube TV's insistence on thinking I live in Detroit and not in a Toledo suburb means I can't watch the game on my TV. Instead I had to rely upon reddit to watch a stream.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Why is Ben licking his fingers to wet them in a downpour?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Why is Ben licking his fingers to wet them in a downpour?
To make sure he throws that 4th INT?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Oh... Browns. Browns, Browns, Browns....