MLB

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Miami Marlins draw 6100 fans, their Double A team draws 6900.

Just like surviving a tragedy doesn't make you an expert on public policy, being a good baseball player doesn't make you a good baseball executive.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

Baseball teams + fans are pussies.

It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

Rays manager Kevin Cash explained last week that the move allows a reliever like Romo to get the first shot at a lineup's heavy hitters, giving the would-be starters an advantage on their second and third times through the lineup.

"We're not trying to do anything that's cute," Cash said. "We're trying to do something that's right for us to win games."
I've heard worse logic, I guess.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

That's even worse than people caring about real baseball
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

To be fair, he was 17 at the time. I feel like some degree of things before 21 should be forgotten
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: To be fair, he was 17 at the time. I feel like some degree of things before 21 should be forgotten
I didn't read that far, and I absolutely agree. The law doesn't count a lot of stuff we do before we're adults, why should the public?
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Nats player's old tweets resurface.

Ditto for Braves pitcher.

This is apparently the latest witch hunt to ensure we're controlling people's behavior. This will inevitably lead us to a peaceful utopia...
TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

Kids do stupid things. More baseball players who made dumb posts in their teens.
Leisher wrote: This is apparently the latest witch hunt to ensure we're controlling people's behavior. This will inevitably lead us to a peaceful utopia...
You're over-reacting.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: You're over-reacting.
For humor, yes, but I wouldn't say it's a gross overreaction.

We absolutely live in an age where certain groups are trying to control behavior.
TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
We absolutely live in an age where certain groups are trying to control behavior.
I mean, we always have...
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Two months left to go in the season and the Baltimore Orioles are 45.5 games behind Boston. Has that ever happened before?
TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Two months left to go in the season and the Baltimore Orioles are 45.5 games behind Boston. Has that ever happened before?
LOL @ 1899 Cleveland team: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_w ... on_records
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

In May I bet $20 on the Braves to win the pennant because the sports book in the Venetian wouldn't let me bet them to win the division. It would have paid off $820.

That bet died when the Braves got beat by the Dodgers in the NLDS tonight. Oh well, at least that bet made following the standings interesting.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »