The MSM (Main Stream Media)

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

If only there were a simple way to share that content to literally hundreds of millions more people than read that website.
I just don't understand how in this age of "free speech" and freedom of information we think it's a good idea to limit both as much as possible. Squashing only the voice "authorized" to speak.
It's more about "99.9% of internet comments are bullshit, easily faked, etc"
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by GORDON »

The point of the.media isn't to educate or inform, it is to sell ads, and by extension, sell stock. They don't mind if they accidentally present something accurately, but even when they do they usually spelled someone's name wrong.

Ain't no money in, "you know, things aren't really that bad," neither on the front end to the consumer, nor the back end where people pay for their spin.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: If only there were a simple way to share that content to literally hundreds of millions more people than read that website.

TO YOUR FOLLOWERS!!!! Who the fuck has hundreds of millions of followers? Who are you, Justin Bieber?
I just don't understand how in this age of "free speech" and freedom of information we think it's a good idea to limit both as much as possible. Squashing only the voice "authorized" to speak.
It's more about "99.9% of internet comments are bullshit, easily faked, etc"
Like I said, they don't want to pay for moderators.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

There's an opinion piece on CNN's front page right now that says the economy is doing well and Trump deserves some credit.

Did CNN lose a bet or something?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: There's an opinion piece on CNN's front page right now that says the economy is doing well and Trump deserves some credit.

Did CNN lose a bet or something?
Lol. I kinda wondered the same.
GORDON
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by GORDON »

Someone's getting fired.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Vince

The MSM

Post by Vince »

CNN loves to cry about how Trump is somehow suppressing freedom of the press by saying mean things about them. Now the the school board of the Parkland High School is taking the press to court. Wondering how they'll react to actual attempts to use the government to punish the press? Guessing crickets.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

That Parkland report is yet more evidence that this country misses its mental health system, and that hugs aren't preventing violence.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

[tweet][/tweet]

Fox newscaster "massive demographic changes" "have nothing to do with race or ethnicity"

wtf?
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

I kind of understand what she was trying to say with the "we didn't vote for this" statement, but I do not understand how massive demographic changes have nothing to do with race or ethnicity.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I kind of understand what she was trying to say with the "we didn't vote for this" statement, but I do not understand how massive demographic changes have nothing to do with race or ethnicity.
Right? And, Right?
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

Steve Hilton, apparently another Fox host, responded to Ingraham's statement condemning it, but never mentioning her name. I liked this part the best:
"If there comes a time when white people are no longer the majority in America, as long as immigration is controlled and not a free-for-all, and as long as immigration is accompanied by integration, so everyone who's here signs up to America's laws and values, that is not something to fear or fight."
YES. Immigration isn't a bad thing, but immigrants who refuse to integrate into their new society is the problem.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: . Immigration isn't a bad thing, but immigrants who refuse to integrate into their new society is the problem.
Agreed. It also gets back to the # of immigrants, controlling illegal immigration, critical mass, etc. The larger the influx of newcomers, the more easily they can keep culture separate from that of the US.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

I have a friend in from out of town. He lives on the border with the country south of the U.S. His town is 90% Hispanic. Most speak Spanish, including in school. They are racist against the white people who live there. Ditto for the Koreans and other nationalities/races.

That's not immigration, it's an invasion.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I have a friend in from out of town. He lives on the border with the country south of the U.S. His town is 90% Hispanic. Most speak Spanish, including in school. They are racist against the white people who live there. Ditto for the Koreans and other nationalities/races.

That's not immigration, it's an invasion.
The area I live in is high in immigrants. I wouldn't say they are racist against white people, but they are definitely... insular.

And bad drivers. And not good gym goers. (Like flip flops on the track, ignoring rules, etc)
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

Penn Jillette interviewed by Vulture.

Why am I putting this here? For two reasons:
1. The Trump Apprentice Tapes that the MSM is now trying to dig up.
2. Penn's stance on Trump, those tapes, libertarianism, Trump supporters, etc. are, imho, textbook how we should all think. He was in the room during Trump's Apprentice and refuses to get into details. His explanation of why is awesome and should be taught in journalism schools.

Seriously, even if you don't like the guy or aren't interested, read it. You might not agree with everything he says, but I think you'll get a much stronger appreciation for who he is and why other celebs, hell anyone, should take a cue from him.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

CNN's summary of that long artcle
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

CNN can eat a bag of dicks. That is a shitty, biased summary. They, literally, pulled out one piece of information to support what they wanted to say.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: CNN can eat a bag of dicks. That is a shitty, biased summary. They, literally, pulled out one piece of information to support what they wanted to say.
Yep.
Vince

The MSM

Post by Vince »

I'm not sure CNN recovers from this presidency.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren