Farcry and Doom 3 *with spoilers* - *spoilers*  Turned into a spoiler thread

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Might have a bit to go. I don't remember FarCry being that long. I remember standing near a waterfall and that being close to the end...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Just checked, I'm in a "Catacombs" level, underground. There was an elephant statue holding up the roof.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

This goddam game just goes on and on and on.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

BTW, I've killed Kreiger, and found out the truth about the voice from my PDA. Now I'm stuck at a vast arena with a broken bridge and a brazillion monsters shooting at me as soon as I peek around the corner.

Edited By GORDON on 1149877845
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Did you ever see a Waterfall? Or jump off a cliff? Then run across an active lava field?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Did you ever see a Waterfall? Or jump off a cliff? Then run across an active lava field?

Yes, yes, and yes. Each thing seemed like, "this MUST be the end..." but then no.

This game has more endings than Return of the King.

Edited By GORDON on 1149886122
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Well, you're playing it just in time for Crysis.

Not Farcry 2, but it's the same team.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Yes yes yes, that was the end of the game. "Arena" full of lava and monsters, followed by the SWAT team from hell, then nothing left but to double tap the bad guy.

Troy said earlier that the outdoor environments in this game are incredible... I very much agree. I have a machine that was built about a year after this game was released, so I was able to crank the graphics to maximum everything.... so I was able to have realistic jungle all the way to the distant horizon. This game has excellent tropical island jungle atmosphere.

Ad I live in an area where I see V-22 Ospreys in the sky every day... I saw two today in real life and I wanted to reach for my rocket launcher before bad guys started rappelling out of the back.

The haze of distant objects in your binoculars or sniper scope... incredible. The art is top notch.

The level design is also outstanding. I hate when there are branches and decisions and a ton of indecisive backtracking in a game... the only time I had to do serious backtracking in this game is when I failed to notice a keycard on a desk I walked right past. My own fault.

The story was excellent and full of surprises. Locations and tasks were great... fighting through an old rusting WW2 aircraft carrier... setting demolition charges on a cargo ship and fighting a guy in a helicopter before the boat goes under... and there's even some gratuitous underwear/waterfall bathing.

10/10.

And from what I've read about CrySis, it looks like another excellent story. I hope my hardware can handle it.