General Marvel Movie & TV Show News

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
GORDON
Site Admin

Marvel Movies

Post by GORDON »

Comcast, right now, is anything but universally hated?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Marvel Movies

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Comcast, right now, is anything but universally hated?
nice pun.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Marvel Movies

Post by Leisher »

Hawkeye movie on the way?

That link has a minor spoiler you already know about Avengers 4.

Speaking of Hawkeye, his absence from Infinity War earned the Russos death threats.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Marvel Movies

Post by Leisher »

Comcast bid $65 billion to try and steal FOX from Disney.

Disney immediately boosted their bid to $71.5 billion, which Fox accepted.

Eat a bag of dicks Comcast!
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Marvel Movies

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Marvel Movies

Post by GORDON »

It's what the fans want.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Marvel Movies

Post by TheCatt »

People need heroes who are a reflection of themselves. I think it's positive to have a few.
GORDON
Site Admin

Marvel Movies

Post by GORDON »

I wish anyone had seen Solo and knew what I meant when I say, "Equal rights?"

Because Valkyrie from Thor: Ragnarok could be a flaming lesbo. Doesn't matter, it wasn't part of the story. In Solo, they made the robot's SJW pretty much front and center. It was annoying as fuck, and stupid as hell. You can't have both annoying AND stupid and still be successful.

We want stories about super heroes doing incredible things, not pontificating and making points about their sexuality. Save that for the chick flicks.

Fucking Ian McKellen is a publicly homosexual, elderly actor. Gandalf's charge down the mountain at the climax of the Battle of Helm's Deep brings a tear to my eye every time I see it. "OMG I'm gay" has no business being part of the plot of a movie that isn't about sexuality, any more than "OMG I'm straight" does.
Vince

Marvel Movies

Post by Vince »

I agree. And while I don't have a problem with gay characters and heroes for people, I also want parents to have places they can take their kids for entertainment without having to answer uncomfortable questions.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
GORDON
Site Admin

Marvel Movies

Post by GORDON »

Again, using Thor: Ragnarok as an example, there's a flashback to the Valkyrie's charge on Hela. There a brief moment when one of the other female warriors sacrifices herself to save... our Valkyrie. That's as far as "Were they lovers?" territory as an action flick needs to go.

You want something more, exploring that relationship, then you don't want a Marvel movie. If they change Marvel movies into that, then they'll go the Star Wars route. At least we'll always have Phases 1-3.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Marvel Movies

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote: I agree. And while I don't have a problem with gay characters and heroes for people, I also want parents to have places they can take their kids for entertainment without having to answer uncomfortable questions.
"Why does that man love that man" shouldn't be uncomfortable, imho.

"Why is that man wearing asschaps," sure.
Leisher
Site Admin

Marvel Movies

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: We want stories about super heroes doing incredible things, not pontificating and making points about their sexuality.
Solid point.
Vince

Marvel Movies

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote: "Why does that man love that man" shouldn't be uncomfortable, imho.
I support your decision to take your 8 year old to movies that might prompt those questions. I'd also ask that you respect that other parents might not feel the same.
GORDON
Site Admin

Marvel Movies

Post by GORDON »

Watch what you say, they're going to boycott your bakery.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Marvel Movies

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote:
TheCatt wrote: "Why does that man love that man" shouldn't be uncomfortable, imho.
I support your decision to take your 8 year old to movies that might prompt those questions. I'd also ask that you respect that other parents might not feel the same.
Yeah, no. I won't. Rather, I don't care if they do, nor will I respect it. People used to feel that way about a black man kissing a white woman, too.
thibodeaux

Marvel Movies

Post by thibodeaux »

https://www.google.com/search?q=white+c ... s&tbm=isch
I'm sure it's not a coincidence, and I'm sure it's not a coincidence that there's ghey in everything too.
Vince

Marvel Movies

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote:
Vince wrote:
Yeah, no. I won't. Rather, I don't care if they do, nor will I respect it. People used to feel that way about a black man kissing a white woman, too.
Okay. You do you. Not your kids. Not your choice.
Leisher
Site Admin

Marvel Movies

Post by Leisher »

thibodeaux wrote: https://www.google.com/search?q=white+c ... s&tbm=isch
I'm sure it's not a coincidence, and I'm sure it's not a coincidence that there's ghey in everything too.
That's pure propaganda. Clearly someone's agenda. Searching "white couple" shouldn't result in the vast majority of pictures being interracial couples or couples with non-white kids.
TheCatt wrote: People used to feel that way about a black man kissing a white woman, too.
Some still do. In fact, if you really want to experience some racism try being a white guy who dates a black woman.
GORDON
Site Admin

Marvel Movies

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote: People used to feel that way about a black man kissing a white woman, too.
Some still do. In fact, if you really want to experience some racism try being a white guy who dates a black woman.
I'll let you know soon. ;)
Leisher
Site Admin

Marvel Movies

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote:
Leisher wrote:
I'll let you know soon. ;)
Been there. Done that.