The [s]First[/s] Only Trump term...so far

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Trump looks to pardon Ali
WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump said Friday he may grant a posthumous pardon heavyweight boxing champion Muhammad Ali, adding to the list of high-profile celebrity pardons the president is openly considering.

But the conviction Ali would be pardoned for — evading the draft during the Vietnam War — was already overturned by the U.S. Supreme Court. And Ali would also be covered by the blanket amnesty granted by President Carter in 1977.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Wants to meet with kneeling NFL players to discuss others they think should be pardoned.

This is his olive branch. Here's hoping the NFL players are mature enough to see it and grab hold. Imagine people actually having dialogue on issues instead of just whining to the media.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wants to meet with kneeling NFL players to discuss others they think should be pardoned.

This is his olive branch. Here's hoping the NFL players are mature enough to see it and grab hold. Imagine people actually having dialogue on issues instead of just whining to the media.
He's really glomming onto this pardon thing...
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

I had the Ali thing in my post and had called him President Pardon, but the site showed me that you beat me to it so I deleted it.

Former Buckeye and current Philly Eagle Malcolm Jenkins should take Trump up on his offer. I went into that article (I read it yesterday) thinking Jenkins would come off terrible, but I like that he wants dialogue and is willing to change things up to get there. He knows the anthem thing is not getting the correct attention.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

Well, Obama appointed him. Must be good.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Troy

The First Trump term.

Post by Troy »

Foxnews gaffe. Host refered to Kim and Trump in Singapore as a “meeting between two dictators.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

If anyone thought Trump had that kind of power, yeah, it probably wouldn't have gone down that way.

As of now, has anything come true that has been predicted of him? The skies don't seem to be raining blood, yet.

I remember predictions of mass deportations of Americans (more than Obama, anyway), environmental ruin, a collapsed economy, rapes galore. Doesn't seem to be happening.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: I remember predictions of mass deportations of Americans (more than Obama, anyway), environmental ruin, a collapsed economy, rapes galore. Doesn't seem to be happening.
The one thing I always get most disappointed by is the dozens of celebrities who promise to move out of the country and then never do. It's almost like things here are actually pretty good, and changing our president really doesn't affect shit.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

Do you remember that, though? "He doesn't respect women and is going to normalize raping them.... WHAT DO I TELL MY CHILD DAUGHTER ABOUT THIS???"

Nobody ever admits they were full of shit. No one ever wants to consider they are over reacting. No one ever wants to admit maybe they need to work on not being mentally ill.

WHY would anyone want to engage in that? Politics, I mean. You're either rich and running things, or you're one of the crazy multitudes having your delusions patronized.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Troy

The First Trump term.

Post by Troy »

I'm doubling down on Kim's remarks. I hope we get aliens in this timeline too.
Troy

The First Trump term.

Post by Troy »

Mil peeps. Why is this such a big deal on Twitter? Why should I care he saluted a foreign military officer?
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Troy wrote: Mil peeps. Why is this such a big deal on Twitter? Why should I care he saluted a foreign military officer?
Quoting Gordon: "Because 'Never Trump'"

The president isn't required to salute at all. He or she is a civilian, and despite being the supreme authority of the U.S. Military, he or she is not considered in the military. Apparently, Reagan started the saluting by presidents, but again, it is not required.

Here are some official rules for the military.

Note #9. So if Trump was a military member and based upon the purpose of the meeting, his action would be correct.

Now a salute is a show of respect, which is why Reagan started it and both Bushes followed suit. It would also explain why Trump does it, and I would absolutely believe he simply saw the uniform and thought he needed to salute.

However, ask yourself why the left wing, whose members are traditionally not pro-military, is skewering Trump for a salute, but didn't say shit during Clinton and Obama's terms when they rarely saluted, and when they did, did it completely wrong.

Thus, Gordon's "never Trump" is the correct answer here.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

We are still at war with NK. if there is a reason to say it's wrong, that's the one. We don't salute enemy officers unless you are signaling your sniper.

It's mostly NEVER TRUMP though. His.meeting with NK was.a.pretty big win, and they're trying to minimize it.
Troy

The First Trump term.

Post by Troy »

I still think Trump is the worst but have decided I don't care who he salutes.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: His.meeting with NK was.a.pretty big win, and they're trying to minimize it.
Right?

Trump does it: "Yeah, but what did we get?"

Obama does it: "Let's see how far we can fit his cock down our throat!"
Troy wrote: I still think Trump is the worst
As a human being, this isn't even debatable. As a president, I'm trying to forget how horrible he is as a person and judge him by his job performance.
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

I'm a bit more neutral on Trump's meeting with Kim. Something good could come of it, but so far it's still only an agreement to see what they can agree on. Wasn't too happy about saying we'd stop joint exercises with SK, though that is being softened some.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren