Soccer

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by TheCatt »

Team finally looks decent tonight, 4-0 against Panama, 65' in.

Hold on here, beat Trinidad + Tobago (worst team in our group), and we are guaranteed in. Costa Rica can help our odds a bit by beating Honduras tomorrow.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Troy

Soccer

Post by Troy »

I'm still in denial about all of this. I've got 3+ years to go through all the steps, not hurried.
Leisher
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by TheCatt »

What team should you cheer for?

I got Belgium. Or France, or Spain.

Or Brazil/Germany.

I wish it could just ignore Question 6.
Leisher
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by Leisher »

I got South Korea.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I got South Korea.
Going for an underdog, eh?
Leisher
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by Leisher »

No, that's the funny thing. Of the 7 questions, South Korea matched 6 of my 7 answers. The one they didn't match was "being able to make noise".
Leisher
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by Leisher »

Troy

Soccer

Post by Troy »

Ronaldo scored an absolutely insane goal in the champions league today. He one-uped Zlatan (see below)

Ronaldo
https://twitter.com/SportsQuotient/stat ... 1342028800

Zlatan Ibrahimovic, in the USA for less than 36 hours, played his first game for the LA Galaxy in the MLS this weekend. He subbed on for the last 20 minutes. The Galaxy were losing.

Zlatan scored TWICE in his brief cameo to win the game. Including this insane goal: https://twitter.com/FootballVines/statu ... 9503949826
Cakedaddy

Soccer

Post by Cakedaddy »

Those are this season's two highlights?
Troy

Soccer

Post by Troy »

Highlights from the last 48 hours.
Leisher
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by Leisher »

It's been a week of amazing hockey and soccer goals.
Leisher
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by Leisher »

You're heard the phrase a MILLION times. It has NEVER been more accurate.

Pot calls kettle black.
Leisher
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by Leisher »

Nike pulls supply of shoes to Iranian soccer team right before WC.

They cite the sanctions.

Uh, the sanctions aren't new. Why are you waiting until the last minute to drop this deal? I'm guessing because someone at the state department found out you were illegally dealing with Iran?
Leisher
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by Leisher »

US, Canada, and Mexico win 2026 World Cup bid.

Maybe we'll have some talent by then?