Singularity

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
GORDON
Site Admin

Singularity

Post by GORDON »

Fuck you, Netflix.

It was sci-fi, and had John Cusack. I went in having never heard of it.

One of the worst movies I've ever seen.

While filing they must have had Cusack in front of a green screen for a week, silently staring at computer screens. He only interacts with one other character, and doesn't emote a single fucking time.

Terrible writing.

Terrible production values.

Derivative plot.

Ugh.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Singularity

Post by Leisher »

Fucking great. Now I have a shitty movie I have to watch this weekend.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Singularity

Post by GORDON »

I did a little research and learned that this was a foreign flick and Cusack's scenes were filmed years later and inserted for the American release.

Total shitfest.

But at least they had the totally original idea that a global AI becomes self aware and decides to wipe out humanity with robots in like a second.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Singularity

Post by Leisher »

Suckfest confirmed.

Terrible writing is an understatement. The entire ending was the equivalent of them finding the magic lamp from Aladdin and having the genie save them. Absolutely zero logic or setup. Sadly, it was also the most interesting part of the film.

Cusack sucked and I think we can call it a day on his career as a serious actor.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”