Terry Gilliam

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Terry Gilliam

Post by Leisher »

Another old man complaining about kids on his lawn.

As the article points out, he was once supposed to direct Watchmen, so...

Listen, I get where his anger is truly coming from, and that's the smaller audiences for films like the ones he creates. They get less anticipation. Nobody is filling Hall H at ComiCon to hear about the new Terry Gilliam film. They get less play in theaters.

However, that's the nature of the beast. Even if audience tastes didn't change, which it does, technology has changed how films are viewed. Why pay $8-20 a ticket to leave your house and go to a crowded theater when you can pay much less to sit home in your PJs and watch a film?

Point being, there's a place in this world for all genres of film. I just think film people need to learn how to market the genres again, and understand which distribution platforms work for each genre.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Terry Gilliam

Post by GORDON »

Thanks for telling me that I like stupid movies, Terry Gilliam.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Terry Gilliam

Post by TheCatt »

YOu know... maybe if he'd made more good movies, I'd listen. But really, people like what they like, the end.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Terry Gilliam

Post by GORDON »

Old man shakes fist at cloud.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Terry Gilliam

Post by Leisher »

Terry Gilliam finally finished his Don Quixote movie after 30 years, and now he has lost rights to it and is probably going to be sued.

Ouch.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Terry Gilliam

Post by Leisher »

Hates on the Alien franchise.

He seems like someone you would never invite to a party.
Vince

Terry Gilliam

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: Hates on the Alien franchise.

He seems like someone you would never invite to a party.
To be fair, everything after the second movie has rated somewhere between "meh" and "steaming pile of shit". I would agree that the franchise itself hasn't been awesome.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren