Avengers - Infinity War *spoilers* SPOILERS

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Maybe they sold that many theater tickets, but I would bet a dollar that way more people saw the first movie on TV, in some format, before A2 happened.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

They have stated that they wanted to maintain a distance between their "street level" heroes and their movie heroes.

Let's be honest, Daredevil would have been a speck of dust to Thanos. While I would love to see Luke Cage and Iron Fist get the proper treatment, I'm very happy we'll never see Jessica Jones on the big screen.

Here's an interesting bit of speculation on #4 that is a ridiculously minor spoiler if it comes true: Ronin.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I've been seeing the Ronin theories, now.

I.dont know why that's so exciting to everyone.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: I've been seeing the Ronin theories, now.

I love Robert De Niro as much as the next guy, but...
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Monster opening in Japan.

People like to see things they know and can relate to or just something "different". It's kind of like how the train nerds in my office get geeked because an engine comes through rocking an unusual paint job.

Also because the Ultimate Universe version of Hawkeye is a legit badass MFer. The bow and arrow is cute, but imagine someone who can hit every target with any weapon (guns, knives, silverware, fingernails...) and who has nothing to live for except revenge. Ronin showing up means we could be getting that Hawkeye.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Monster opening in Japan.

People like to see things they know and can relate to or just something "different". It's kind of like how the train nerds in my office get geeked because an engine comes through rocking an unusual paint job.

Also because the Ultimate Universe version of Hawkeye is a legit badass MFer. The bow and arrow is cute, but imagine someone who can hit every target with any weapon (guns, knives, silverware, fingernails...) and who has nothing to live for except revenge. Ronin showing up means we could be getting that Hawkeye.
Ah... so his family is part of who is killed, and so he gets all revengy?
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Ahhh.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

In the Ultimate Universe, which was a completely separate timeline where they let writers re-imagine the Marvel universe, Hawkeye's family is murdered and he gets very, very revengy. It's revealed that he was actually betrayed by Black Widow and he executes her, sticking her to a wall via an arrow to the face.

That won't be a spoiler because the movie universe doesn't share much with the Ultimate universe aside from black Nick Fury and Thor's costume at the end of Infinity War. Plus, Black Widow's motivations were very Russian vs U.S. and that doesn't exist in the movies.

I fully expect Clint Barton's family is dead and he's going to be coming, but for who? Maybe he'll be stealing alien tech, ala Spider-man Homecoming, and really upgrading his effectiveness? Don't forget, Ant-Man and the Wasp is coming out soon, and that'll give us another indication of where we're headed. Also, Captain Marvel comes out in March of next year, clearly prepping audiences for her to show up in A4.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Highest grossing superhero movie of all time.

It opened 2 1/2 weeks ago...wow.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Hmmm, if I think about it too hard, it is a bit weird given how emotional Pratt's character is (witness the scene on the alien planet later where he loses control)... but it was a strong scene.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I guess technically Thanos was already controlling all of reality, around them. If Thanos can cube Drax and slinky Mantis, then surely he can have Pter pull the trigger of a bubble gun.

But I don't think he did, which is why Thanos chumped him and left with a, "I like you."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Ending before the disappearances would have been dumb.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I bet they were nervous as hell ending it the way they did...
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

The Thanos cut is coming.

30 more minutes of mostly Thanos backstory.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Vince

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote:
Ending before the disappearances would have been dumb.
Was kind of dumb anyway. I mean, from a story telling point of view I understand it. But knowing the Marvel release schedule kind of made it... less dramatic.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

So I just watched my Blu-ray, and got to speculating.

Stark's been saying Thanos has been in his head for six years, and Thanos said the same thing about Stark on Titan.

Makes me wonder two things:

Dr. Strange attempted to put Thanoa in the Mirror Dimension, during the fight, and seemed to fail. Or did he? Maybe he succeeded, Thanos doesn't know it, and nothing counts.

Or... Maybe Strange, who knows the one strategy that wins against Thanos, somehow used the Time Stone to get Stark and Thanos into each other's heads.

Just a couple speculations I haven't seen before.