NHL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NHL

Post by Leisher »

That was ugly, but a win is a win.

Penguins looked exhausted.

Going to be a long series.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NHL

Post by Leisher »

Last night's game was FAR less ugly. Penguins looked to be back in form.

I would love another win Saturday. Put all the pressure on the Preds to win out.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

NHL

Post by Malcolm »

WTF Nashville?
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Leisher
Site Admin

NHL

Post by Leisher »

I'm fine with holding serve on home ice.

Teams who lost by 6 or more goals in the 2017 playoffs are 3-0 in the following game. So, we're probably going to get a game 7.
Leisher
Site Admin

NHL

Post by Leisher »

Malcolm

NHL

Post by Malcolm »

While Nashville deserved that loss (game and series in general) because their power play stats were awful, they did get their first period goal disallowed because the ref was fucking blind. Complete horseshit whistle.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Leisher
Site Admin

NHL

Post by Leisher »

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also...
While Nashville deserved that loss (game and series in general) because their power play stats were awful, they did get their first period goal disallowed because the ref was fucking blind. Complete horseshit whistle.
Truth, but Pittsburgh got FUCKED on a few no calls in the second.
Leisher
Site Admin

NHL

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NHL

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NHL

Post by Leisher »

Vegas has their players after the expansion draft.

Sucks to see Fleury go, but it was going to happen anyway. Murray, technically, has now won two Stanley Cups as a rookie and Fleury's big contract made him the odd man out.
Leisher
Site Admin

NHL

Post by Leisher »

Maybe those blonde jokes have some truth behind them.

Good on the team for hooking her up. They did not have to do that. Of course, they might have thought she was mentally challenged.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NHL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Maybe those blonde jokes have some truth behind them.

Good on the team for hooking her up. They did not have to do that. Of course, they might have thought she was mentally challenged.
Oh man, that's terrible, but hey, she owned it.

One of our neighbors was asking for UNC-Notre Dame tickets the other day.
Me: Oh, going to South Bend this weekend?
Her: What?
me: It's an away game.
Her: Ooooohhhhhhh.... No.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NHL

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NHL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NHL

Post by TheCatt »

Down 3 goalies, Chicago Blackhawks call up an amateur
Scott Foster is a 36-year-old accountant who lives in Oak Park, Ill. More than a decade ago, he was goalie on Western Michigan's hockey team. These days he plays in a rec league at a rink called Johnny's Icehouse.

That rink is just a few blocks east of the arena where the Chicago Blackhawks play — and where, on Thursday night, Foster became a legend.

Just before faceoff against the Winnipeg Jets, the Blackhawks tweeted that they had signed Foster to an amateur tryout contract to be the team's emergency backup goaltender: EBUG, for short. The team pointed to his .875 save percentage at Western Michigan University and his earlier career for the Petrolia Jets of the Western Ontario Hockey League.
Leisher
Site Admin

NHL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NHL

Post by TheCatt »

Or, maybe the GMs really figured out how to maximize it
Leisher
Site Admin

NHL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Or, maybe the GMs really figured out how to maximize it
The talent they were allowed to choose from was pretty ridiculous. It was something like: "Each team can select X number of people to protect. Everyone else on their roster is fair game." Since the Browns aren't in the NHL, success was pretty much a given.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NHL

Post by TheCatt »

My brother (a Caps fan), says Leisher's team is full of floppers and may as well be a European soccer team.
Leisher
Site Admin

NHL

Post by Leisher »

People whining about your team's tactics, justified or not, is when you know you're a successful franchise. We've won the last two Stanley Cups. Tell him thanks for the compliment.