Archer

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
GORDON
Site Admin

Archer

Post by GORDON »

Archer used to be on FX.

Then FX created FXX and put Archer on that instead.

DirecTV put FXX on a higher tier with all the sports channels. When I realized I was paying over $200 a year for sports channels I never watch... I dropped the sports channels, and lost FXX which was the only way to legally watch new Archer.

I find it annoying that FX used their popular show to boost viewers of their new channel that would still sell ad time but also cost me more money to watch.

Exactly what am I wrong about, here?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Archer

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: DirecTV put FXX on a higher tier with all the sports channels.
Whose fault is that? FX or FXX's? Because you blamed them.

Granted, it very well COULD be their fault (well...their distributor). People don't realize that a lot of times these channels get shoved into packages the distributor (like Viacom), NOT YOUR PROVIDER, creates. So perhaps it was packaged with some FOX sports channels? Or it was DirecTV's fault trying to pump up the number of eyes on FXX by packaging it with popular sports channels and vice versa?
GORDON wrote: I find it annoying that FX used their popular show to boost viewers of their new channel that would still sell ad time
So you're against capitalism? Are you honestly saying they shouldn't be allowed to grow? Do you complain to Kroger management when they move the tomatoes to where the watermelons used to be? Isn't it smart for a company to use a known product to try and sell a new product?

Does it suck? FUCK YES!!!! I didn't like it when they did the exact same thing with The League.

But aren't we wrong for condemning it? Aren't we wrong for condemning CBS for moving their new Star Trek show to a pay to watch model and off free TV? Let them figure out on their own that people aren't going to pay $15 a month for a Star Trek show, and if they do, shame on us as consumers for being stupid enough to allow this shit to continue.
GORDON wrote: but also cost me more money to watch.
They don't know that. Every cable company is different because it's a different contract.

And doesn't DirecTV offer you free access to primetime shows and whatnot? I can watch new episode of shows on channels I don't even have through OnDemand and for free. They typically go up the day after they air and are there for a month or so.

Plus, you have Hulu and Netflix, right? Archer is shown on both services. Season 8 will hit around 30 days prior to Season 9 airing.

Or you could just go to their website and watch the whole season right now for free...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Archer

Post by GORDON »

Did you cut my sentence in half to remove context so you could criticize each half?

At any rate, fuck the relevant parties. I'm not paying for the sports tier to watch Archer.
Leisher
Site Admin

Archer

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Did you cut my sentence in half to remove context so you could criticize each half?
Not intentionally no. I actually thought the second half was irrelevant. However, if we're being honest, the whole sentence does translate to "Fuck them for trying to make more money."

Not judging, we've all done that as I admitted to doing the exact same thing with the exact same channels.
GORDON wrote: At any rate, fuck the relevant parties. I'm not paying for the sports tier to watch Archer.
Word.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Archer

Post by GORDON »

Finally watched season 8, "Archer, Dreamland," since it aired on FXX and I wasn't going to upgrade the TV package to add FXX onto it. Reruns aired on FX, so I finally got it on the DVR.

Anyway, way to leave the big loose end, loose. I thought I was missing an episode. Looked it up, and nope. Just unresolved.
Leisher
Site Admin

Archer

Post by Leisher »

Dreamland was shit.

They really need to get back to the basics. Wasn't there a story that they were "rebooting" or something?
thibodeaux

Archer

Post by thibodeaux »

It has been shit ever since they brought in Ron Cadillac.
Cakedaddy

Archer

Post by Cakedaddy »

I was introduced to a French man named Benoit yesterday. And of course, in my head, I immediately said "balls".
GORDON
Site Admin

Archer

Post by GORDON »

Like .
Leisher
Site Admin

Archer

Post by Leisher »

Archer Noir was mostly shit.

Just watched the entire Archer: Danger Island season, and it wasn't the worst thing ever.

Here's what's coming in Season 10:
GORDON
Site Admin

Archer

Post by GORDON »

Ok, I figure one of two things is happening during Archer 1999:

1. It isn't as funny as it used to be.
2. It is as funny as it used to be, but I've changed and no longer think it's funny.

No laughs, 5 eps in.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Archer

Post by TheCatt »

I think I stopped after S5
It's not me, it's someone else.
thibodeaux

Archer

Post by thibodeaux »

TBH, the best laughs were the first season. S2 and 3 were good, but once Ron Cadillac came along, it was just mostly not funny at all.

Lol just realized I said the same thing last year :D
Leisher
Site Admin

Archer

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Ok, I figure one of two things is happening during Archer 1999:

1. It isn't as funny as it used to be.
2. It is as funny as it used to be, but I've changed and no longer think it's funny.
Probably a bit of both.

The creator really hurts the show by drastically altering characters and having gotten bored with the spy stuff. Hard to get invested in characters when they're constantly changing in every way except for their names.
Leisher
Site Admin

Archer

Post by Leisher »

Just watched the latest season. (Actually over this past weekend.) It had the crew in space. Kreiger was an android, Pam was a rock monster thing, Mallory was something that could turn into a ball of light, and so on.

Some chuckles here and there, but not S1-3 funny.

Then something happened.

I know what it means, but I don't know what it means. I do know that for the first time in a loooooooong time, I'm looking forward to the next season to see where this is going.
Leisher
Site Admin

Archer

Post by Leisher »

Jessica Walter passes away.

This sucks. She was great in Archer and Arrested Development.

Archer returned to its roots this past year and showed promise again.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Archer

Post by TheCatt »

So my whole life I thought the lyrics were "I ran to the Danger Zone"

only today realized it was Highway.

Which is dumb.
GORDON
Site Admin

Archer

Post by GORDON »

I learned that a couple years ago, 20 years late. So yeah.

I thought it was I went to the
thibodeaux

Archer

Post by thibodeaux »

TheCatt wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:31 pm So my whole life I thought the lyrics were "I ran to the Danger Zone"
That's the Flock of Seagulls version
TheCatt
Site Admin

Archer

Post by TheCatt »

thibodeaux wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:31 am
TheCatt wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:31 pm So my whole life I thought the lyrics were "I ran to the Danger Zone"
That's the Flock of Seagulls version
:D :D :D