General DC Movie News

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by Leisher »

(There might be a thread like this already, I'll try to find it later.)

Negan as Flashpoint Batman?

Long story short: DC did a story called Flashpoint to reboot their comics. During this story, which I never read but heard about, Flash was moving through various realities of DC's prime timeline all of existence was crumbling. In one of these realities Bruce Wayne was shot by that mugger and his father turned into Batman.

That's the role JDM is referring to...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by Leisher »

Affleck signs on for Batman trilogy.

The news on this spun from him leaving to him signing for more movies in three days.

Malcolm must be thrilled.

Another director passes on Suicide Squad 2.
Malcolm

General DC Movie News

Post by Malcolm »

Batman died with Adam West.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Leisher
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by Leisher »

Joker origin movie coming?

No Jared Leto and a very, very different theme than the rest of the DCEU.

I have no idea what DC/WB is doing anymore.
Malcolm

General DC Movie News

Post by Malcolm »

More info. This sounds worse and worse every time I hear more about it.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Leisher
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by Leisher »

Nightwing director explains what sets DC films apart from Marvel.
“Warner Bros is a more director-driven studio. Period. The end. More than any other studio you’re ever going to work at. Just look at the roster of world class filmmakers that have worked at Warner Bros and made it their home. Warner Bros is a director-driven studio, and that’s exactly how they are operating these movies… That’s the kind of filmmaking you are going to see, and have seen with Patty Jenkins on Wonder Woman. That’s what they have done and what they will continue to do, and that’s why these movies are not trying to follow the Marvel model, they’re trying to do their own thing with filmmakers that they like, and produce things that are wholly original and wholly unique.”
So what does it say when every DC movie to date, except one, has been critically blasted and been a financial disappointment?

In related news, early word out of Justice League screenings is that it's "fine". Not glowing, not negative.
GORDON
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by GORDON »

Wholly original, wholly unique, and wholly disappointing. Hell of a way to run a franchise.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by Leisher »

New boss for DC films.

Unless this guy ditches the current DC formula, it won't matter.

What would it take, at this point, to fix DC's movies? I think the only thing untouchable would be Gal Gadot as WW. Can they course correct enough with Zack Snyder finally gone?

Justice League made around $650 million worldwide, which is a ton, but very disappointing compared to Marvel movies. It should have easily made over a billion.

Can people forgive the garbage that's come before?
Vince

General DC Movie News

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: Can people forgive the garbage that's come before?
They gave Marvel titles another chance after the Fantastic Four movies. Even gave Chris Evans another chance after Johnny Storm. I know they changed studios, but I view that as a massive course correction.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by Leisher »

Vince wrote: They gave Marvel titles another chance after the Fantastic Four movies.
Those weren't Marvel movies.

Marvel characters, but those were made by Fox, not Marvel/Disney.
Vince

General DC Movie News

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote:
Vince wrote: They gave Marvel titles another chance after the Fantastic Four movies.

Which I acknowledged. If they'll keep giving Star Wars another chance (Disney movies), then why not?
Leisher
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by Leisher »

Vince wrote:
Leisher wrote:

Which I acknowledged.
Where?

Is that what you meant here?
Vince wrote: Even gave Chris Evans another chance after Johnny Storm. I know they changed studios, but I view that as a massive course correction.
Marvel never switched studios, so there was never a massive course correction.
If they'll keep giving Star Wars another chance (Disney movies), then why not?
The next film's opening box office will be interesting. I think it's telling that people like Daisy Ridley are already out there giving interviews saying Luke's fate isn't definite, and thus, JJ could be fixing the mistakes Rian Johnson made. Disney is well aware that people generally did not like The Last Jedi.
Vince

General DC Movie News

Post by Vince »

Okay, uncle.
Leisher
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by Leisher »

Facts are dumb!
Vince

General DC Movie News

Post by Vince »

Yeah, that's exactly it.
TheCatt
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by TheCatt »

No one like to argue as much as you do, Leisher.

Soon you'll be wanting Malcolm back :)
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by Leisher »

Vince wrote: Yeah, that's exactly it.
All I did was correct you. Sorry if that's offensive. At least I wasn't trying to bait you with something completely off topic...
Edit to say I was razzing you about the success of the movie being dependent on their cultural impact via memes. Was a fun reaction though.
TheCatt wrote: No one like to argue as much as you do, Leisher.
First, there's a HUGE difference between arguing and simply correcting misinformation.

Second, at no point was I being hostile in any way. There was no argument. The only hostility I saw was being called "uncle" for whatever reason. If getting corrected is someone being hostile towards you then every person on this forum needs to apologize to every other person. Hell, Vince corrected me TODAY in the Dem thread. I appreciated it because it was something I didn't know. Should I instead have called him "uncle"?

Third, I'm Italian. Arguing is what we do besides cooking and fucking.
TheCatt wrote: Soon you'll be wanting Malcolm back
As long as you're here, how could I miss Malcolm? :)
TheCatt
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Third, I'm Italian. Arguing is what we do besides cooking and fucking.
I think you got the order wrong...
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: Third, I'm Italian. Arguing is what we do besides cooking and fucking.
I think you got the order wrong...
Depends on the day.