South Park: The Stick of Truth

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Leisher
Site Admin

South Park: The Stick of Truth

Post by Leisher »

This has been in my library for some time and I decided to break it out due to South Park: The Fractured, But Whole game coming out.

This is an RPG set in South Park that features you as a voiceless new kid who gets caught up in the war between the humans, Cartman's group, and the elves, Kyle's group. Along the way you run into pretty much every other South Park character in the show's history. Unlike other games based on popular TV shows or movies, this one is pretty funny. I don't want to tell you about the different locations or anything so as not to spoil the surprises.

The game play has you running around whenever you want around town with obstacles in certain places that you'll eventually learn to get around.

Combat is turned based and your party is made up of you and one other character. The first one you have access to, Butters, is the best imho. Each turn presents you with the ability to do a minor action, typically not an attack, and a major action. You'll have a melee, ranged attack, abilities, and magic. The abilities and magic become bigger deals later in the game. Some enemies will be immune to your regular attacks, but not all.

Some of the battles, enemies, and locations are hilarious. Without ruining the surprise, when I left South Park itself I laughed out loud. I did again at the entirety of a location late in the game.

Absolutely worth a purchase, but at $30 I'd say it's over priced. Grab it when it's on sale for $5 or $10 if you're a huge fan of the show.

Oh, and never, ever fart on a man's balls.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”