MLB

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Stranger

MLB

Post by Stranger »

20 in a row!

in 180 innings they have lead for 176 of them.

39HR for the Indians vs only 32 total runs against.

+102 run differential over 20 games.

includes an 11 game road win streak.

Ties the longest in AL history.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

It's a hell of a run.

I will be rooting for them to win it all since my team was mathematically eliminated a few years ago.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Stranger

MLB

Post by Stranger »

Make that 21!
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Derek Jeter, the guy who gave half of Hollywood herpes, is proving to be a spineless coward/scumbag as a businessman too.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

First MLB to take a knee.

I dig his statement on it.
TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

A fan lost his nachos during a baseball game last night. Addison Russell, the Cubs player, emerged from the dugout a few innings later with a plate of nachos and delivered it to the fan.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

Go Indians!
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

MLB

Post by GORDON »

According to his own words, it boils down to "I hate Trump."
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Ratings from last year's world series are down 15%.

Must be all the anthem protests.
Stranger

MLB

Post by Stranger »

well lets be honest here, Dodgers vs Astros doesn't have the same appeal or fan base that an Indians vs Cubs World Series had, two teams that were combined for about 180 years of World Series futility.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

I was being sarcastic. To my knowledge, only a single baseball player has knelt for the anthem.

It was more about how certain media outlets are trying to claim the NFL is dying because of anthem protests. They're ignoring that ratings for everything are down across the board thanks to cable cutting and more active lifestyles, among other things, and also don't take into account factors like the one you described.
TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

NFL ratings are down 5%. Total TV ratings are down 8%. Clearly it's the anthem.

NFL ratings down less than prime time
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Racism in the World Series.

Baseball is so popular (ha!), nobody cares.

But seriously, how is this a non-story? Because the offender isn't white? Because the person being mocked isn't black?
TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Racism in the World Series.

Baseball is so popular (ha!), nobody cares.

But seriously, how is this a non-story? Because the offender isn't white? Because the person being mocked isn't black?
Because the world finally realized that sometimes cultures need to learn and grow instead of criticizing on another /s
GORDON
Site Admin

MLB

Post by GORDON »

By arguing you are appropriating Malcolm's culture, racist.

Or something.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

Nice prediction, SI: (From June 2014)

Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Impressive.

They say this World Series was pretty amazing. Yawn.
TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Impressive.

They say this World Series was pretty amazing. Yawn.
Right?