Don't Die TPR

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Don't Die TPR

Post by TheCatt »

Hope your in-laws come out alright.

Jose's predicted to just spin out to sea.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Don't Die TPR

Post by TheCatt »

Another update, another move to the west. It's going to the NC mountains at this rate. Which is nice, I like power.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Don't Die TPR

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Another update, another move to the west. It's going to the NC mountains at this rate. Which is nice, I like power.
Shifting even further west, gonna ride right up Florida.
GORDON
Site Admin

Don't Die TPR

Post by GORDON »

Florida looks like it is going to get Fd in the A.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Vince

Don't Die TPR

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote:
TheCatt wrote: Another update, another move to the west. It's going to the NC mountains at this rate. Which is nice, I like power.
Shifting even further west, gonna ride right up Florida.
And gonna be ridin' dirty.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

Don't Die TPR

Post by Leisher »

I'm thinking my in laws are fucked.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Don't Die TPR

Post by GORDON »

Even with no insurance, they might get lucky with federal aid.
Leisher
Site Admin

Don't Die TPR

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Even with no insurance, they might get lucky with federal aid.
I was thinking about that too. They did just buy the house and can show how the insurance company had dragged them along in the process.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Don't Die TPR

Post by Leisher »

Looters caught on video.

They were robbing a shoe store and then hit a pawn shop. Master criminals...
“Going to prison over a pair of sneakers is a fairly bad life choice,” Police Chief Rick Maglione said in a statement posted on Twitter.
Malcolm

Don't Die TPR

Post by Malcolm »

Says the guy who works in an industry that can seize and sell someone else's property without a crime, indictment, or conviction, depending how nice they feel like being that day.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
GORDON
Site Admin

Don't Die TPR

Post by GORDON »

Thieves are scum, disaster looters are worse, and at least they weren't summarily executed on the spot.
Leisher
Site Admin

Don't Die TPR

Post by Leisher »

Malcolm wrote: Says the guy who works in an industry that can seize and sell someone else's property without a crime, indictment, or conviction, depending how nice they feel like being that day.
Whatever you say Trump.
GORDON wrote: Thieves are scum, disaster looters are worse, and at least they weren't summarily executed on the spot.
I wouldn't have minded if all involved had been killed on the spot. None of them will ever amount to anything except contributing to a negative impact upon society.
Leisher
Site Admin

Don't Die TPR

Post by Leisher »

Sounds like my in-laws place might have made it. They've gotten early word of structures still standing and no massive flooding. No definitive confirmation though.
Malcolm

Don't Die TPR

Post by Malcolm »

Leisher wrote: Whatever you say Trump.
I must be delusional.
A video showing a UC Berkeley bicycle officer citing a bacon hot dog vendor on campus and removing cash from his wallet for operating without a permit has gone viral.
In the video, taken by alumnus Martin Flores on Saturday afternoon, a UCPD officer is seen pulling cash out of the vendor's wallet and folding it into his hand.

The vendor objects and stands by as the officer puts the money away and begins to write a citation.
I'm sure that bike pig earned that money. Most people have the common decency to jam a gun in your ribs instead of hiding behind a cowardly ticket.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Leisher
Site Admin

Don't Die TPR

Post by Leisher »

Take your bigot shit to the appropriate thread please.
Vince

Don't Die TPR

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: Looters caught on video.

They were robbing a shoe store and then hit a pawn shop. Master criminals...
“Going to prison over a pair of sneakers is a fairly bad life choice,” Police Chief Rick Maglione said in a statement posted on Twitter.
I don't recall this happening in Houston.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Malcolm

Don't Die TPR

Post by Malcolm »

Leisher wrote: Take your bigot shit to the appropriate thread please.
The camera was clearly prejudiced.
Leisher
Site Admin

Don't Die TPR

Post by Leisher »

Malcolm wrote:
Leisher wrote: Take your bigot shit to the appropriate thread please.
The camera was clearly prejudiced.
I didn't look at your story. I know your stance. Keep it in the appropriate thread.
Malcolm

Don't Die TPR

Post by Malcolm »

Is that link so damaging it must be coralled in the "free speech thread?"
Leisher
Site Admin

Don't Die TPR

Post by Leisher »

You accusing me of stifling your free speech is my favorite thing today.

Now before you hit "Post reply", please give this whole thing a read.

We were discussing hurricanes and their aftermath. You came in with your personal jihad against all things cops because I quoted a cop stating a matter of fact. It was unnecessary. Your attacks wouldn't be as bad if they were just about the profession, but you routinely have to stretch things to make them personal. That's a problem for me. I don't need cop insults every time they're mentioned in the news, in a game, in a movie, etc.

If you dropped "nigger" as much as you drop "pig" you probably would have been banned long ago.

This isn't a "fucking Republicans" type of bias. This is a "everyone right of center is a fucking Nazis and full of hate and they should all die" level of bigotry.

My dad was a cop. I've dated cops. I have friends who are cops and in other levels of law enforcement. I have other family members who are or were cops. So I'm asking you again to please keep your hate speech about cops in your "free speech thread". A place I would happily go to have discussions if actual discussions took place.

I have no issue with your opinion or you expressing it. Feel and think however the fuck you want. Ignore all facts presented to you that go against your beliefs. What the fuck do I care? I simply don't want to be exposed to the hate on a daily basis.

And please understand opinions are vastly different from hate speech. It's that hate part I don't need.

I'm not going to debate you on this, as this isn't a debate that can be won. I'm not going to convince you that cops are human, mostly good, and not the real issue with law enforcement. You're not going to convince me they're all evil, corrupt, incompetent, and out to get you. So no response is necessary, and I assure you I won't be reading any you provide. You don't need to respond to "win" or defend yourself. "The only winning move is to not play." So let's not play.

If you don't feel like you need to respect my request, no problem. I will simply mute you. I DON'T WANT TO DO THAT. I want to make that clear. I find your angry viewpoint towards most things to be entertaining. You introduce us to music and movies that otherwise would not go noticed. You sent me a drone that I intend to return when I find something worthy. I don't think our politics are terribly different. Etc. It's just that if you don't want to respect my simple request to not use derogatory remarks towards my family and friends, then why would I want your opinion on anything going forward?