Joe Pa

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Dead at 85.

What a shitty last few months. He gets caught up in the Jerry Sandusky scandal, gets fired, then dies.

Guy was a hell of a coach and if his statement is true about his actions, he wasn't to blame for the Sandusky thing. Considering his program was never dirty and he isn't being charged like the two guys he did tell, I'm going to believe him.

On a different note, don't you think it's odd that some folks die the minute they stop working?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Joe Pa

Post by Malcolm »

Turns out Joe might have been more of a lying shitbag than he let on.
Former Penn State coach Joe Paterno allegedly told former assistant Mike McQueary in 2001 that it wasn't the first time he had heard that Jerry Sandusky had sexually abused children, according to a 2011 Pennsylvania State Police report obtained by CNN.
According to the police report, McQueary, who went to Paterno after witnessing an alleged act of abuse by Sandusky in 2001, was allegedly told by Paterno that it "was the second complaint of this nature he had received" against Sandusky.
The scandal led the university to fire Paterno, who died a few months later in 2012. He was never charged with a crime, although unsealed depositions by alleged victims said Paterno knew of the abuse as far back as 1976.
Paterno told a grand jury in 2011 that he first learned in 2001 of inappropriate sexual contact by Sandusky involving young boys.
Paterno told a reporter before his death in early 2012 -- just months after Sandusky's arrest -- that the first inkling he had that Sandusky might be abusing children occurred in 2001, though there are records that show high-ranking Penn State officials dealt with a complaint in 1998 by a mother who said Sandusky had showered with her son.
Sucks when something like this colours your life at the end but goddamn, I'm having a harder and harder time believing he didn't have an active role in covering this up for quite awhile.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."