NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
Troy

NFL

Post by Troy »

Malcolm wrote:
K - new dude from Carolina
Not sure this guy is even going to be active on gameday in lieu of Gano, fyi.
Malcolm

NFL

Post by Malcolm »

Eh. So I get another kicker.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

This is just the Browns luck.. it will be at least 4 weeks and probably linger all year long, i fully expect it to ruin his rookie season.

The thing that is really throwing up some red flags is that he had a sprained ankle in mini camp in June and also had ankle problems last year in collage. Not a good sign at all, prolly gonna be a bust....
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Eh, this is a year the Browns are already throwing away.... be cautious.
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

TheCatt wrote: Eh, this is a year the Browns are already throwing away.... be cautious.
I hear you.. and honestly this season is really all about finding out if Deshone Kizer is the future QB.

I really hope he is too. He's from Leisher and I's hometown of Toledo Ohio and i used to live right across the street from Elmhurst school where he attended elementary and junior high.

It's pretty funny to think that all this time the Browns have been searching high and low for their franchise QB and here he was, playing literally in the park across the street from where i lived.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

19-0?

Well, that went from poop (NE 14, KC 0) to yay (KC 42 NE 27)!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but going undefeated is difficult to pull off if you start the season at 0-1.

Brady just turned 40 and didn't look great last night.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong, but going undefeated is difficult to pull off if you start the season at 0-1.

Brady just turned 40 and didn't look great last night.
Yeah, I posted that when it was 14-0... then edited it later.

Let's talk more about the Patriots sucking, and Brady getting old. He started showing it last year, his vision was slowing, but his routes weren't getting interrupted, so it didn't matter. Disrupt the routes like the Chiefs did dropping 8, and Brady struggles.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

So in that context, it was fitting the Patriots opened a season that some observers, including this one, believed could end with a historic 19-0 record and got hammered by the Chiefs, who came in a lot hotter than room temperature after all. They scored 42 points, more than any points New England has ever surrendered in Belichick's 17-plus years. They gained 537 yards, more than any yards New England has ever surrendered in Belichick's 17-plus years. Just as the Chiefs did in 2014, when they dropped 41 on the Patriots in Week 4, they made the ageless Brady look about as old as his birth certificate suggested.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Browns players actually doing something positive rather than taking a knee.

This is obviously in response to the negative reaction to taking a knee during the anthem and the unions refusing to hold the flag for the Browns opener.

I agree with them that taking a knee was only creating a divide and distracting from their message. This shows unity and all people working towards one goal rather than separating us.

Here's hoping players around the league get the message.
Malcolm

NFL

Post by Malcolm »

If my team sucked that much, I'd be doing everything possible to distract people from the football games, too.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Can we talk some more about NE losing?
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Yes, it was glorious!
Troy

NFL

Post by Troy »

I still have a boner. If it lasts this long I have to call a doctor, right?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Troy wrote: I still have a boner. If it lasts this long I have to call a doctor, right?
Or Gordon.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Right now, New England is the worst team in the NFL. Enjoy that, Cleveland.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Right now, New England is the worst team in the NFL. Enjoy that, Cleveland.
That's the best thing I've read today.
Malcolm

NFL

Post by Malcolm »

Tolzien's job is secure for a bit longer.