Don't Die TPR

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Don't Die TPR

Post by TheCatt »

Hopefully you don't get flooded by the hurricane.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Don't Die TPR

Post by Leisher »

Ditto.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Don't Die TPR

Post by GORDON »

Life is pain. Anyone who tells you otherwise is selling something.

Embrace the horror.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Vince

Don't Die TPR

Post by Vince »

Which city is he in?
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
TheCatt
Site Admin

Don't Die TPR

Post by TheCatt »

Houston.

Don't drown, TPR.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Don't Die TPR

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Don't Die TPR

Post by TheCatt »

I wonder how people who fled New Orleans post-Katrina for Houston feel. I mean, I guess that was 12 years ago, but still...
Vince

Don't Die TPR

Post by Vince »

Any forecasts on what this will do for price of gas and for how long? I heard the other day that we are at the level of personal savings as low as we were in 2007-2008 and that housing prices have risen to their levels from that time as well. Afraid this could cause an avalanche of financial problems again if gas prices remain a thing for too long.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Don't Die TPR

Post by TheCatt »

Many refineries are shutting down, right now, I think 12.5% of the US' capacity is shutdown. Most of these refineries serve the South East. Other regions are probably going to be OK.

So far refinery damage is limited, but refineries cannot restart until the port is operational again, and the storm isn't forecast to leave the area until Wednesday or Thursday.

If it's anything like Katrina, expect some regional shortages for up to 2-3 weeks, but shouldn't have significant long term impacts.
Leisher
Site Admin

Don't Die TPR

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Don't Die TPR

Post by TheCatt »

Fired seems a bit harsh, but stupid words.
GORDON
Site Admin

Don't Die TPR

Post by GORDON »

FUcked up thing to say. I bet a dollar he was someone saying, "Ask yourself why they hate us" on 9/12/2001, implying those innocent people had it coming... just like now.

Fired. Good. Kick him in the nuts on the way out.
Visiting assistant sociology professor Kenneth L. Storey had tweeted Sunday, “I don’t believe in instant Karma but this kinda feels like it for Texas. Hopefully this will help them realize the GOP doesn’t care about them,” according to screenshots obtained by Campus Reform.

Mr. Storey added that “the good people there need to do more to stop the evil their state pushes. I’m only blaming those who support the GOP there.” He also said that the Trump voters in hurricane-prone Florida deserved the same fate.
Yeah, huge douche.
Vince

Don't Die TPR

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote: Fired seems a bit harsh, but stupid words.
I'm guessing they have a good number of Texas students. If so, that would be a good reason to can him after that remark.
Leisher
Site Admin

Don't Die TPR

Post by Leisher »

Best Buy selling water for $42 a case.
Charlson explained that Best Buy doesn't generally sell cases of water, and "the mistake was made when employees priced a case of water using the single-bottle price for each bottle in the case."

Multiplication led to an inflated figure.
Ok...

And nobody looked at that price and thought it seemed wrong? Nobody at your store had ever purchased water before?

In other news:
GORDON
Site Admin

Don't Die TPR

Post by GORDON »

Depending on the brand of water and size of the case, I may or may not look twice at the price. SOme of that shit is expensive.
GORDON
Site Admin

Don't Die TPR

Post by GORDON »

And gators can climb, so if water is getting within a couple feet of the top of the fences, those gators are gone, man.
Vince

Don't Die TPR

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: Best Buy selling water for $42 a case.
Charlson explained that Best Buy doesn't generally sell cases of water, and "the mistake was made when employees priced a case of water using the single-bottle price for each bottle in the case."

Multiplication led to an inflated figure.
Ok...

And nobody looked at that price and thought it seemed wrong? Nobody at your store had ever purchased water before?
Still considerably cheaper per bottle than Disney sells at $3 a bottle.

A side benefit of the price gouging is that it prevents hoarding. Of course, you can limit sales without the price gouging, but there are always ways around that as well. I don't know. I'm fairly neutral on this. I would hope people would be decent. And I would hope that people remember those that weren't. Better than government involvement.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Don't Die TPR

Post by TheCatt »

It's coming for Thib and me next, maybe....

GORDON
Site Admin

Don't Die TPR

Post by GORDON »

Don't Die Catt
Leisher
Site Admin

Don't Die TPR

Post by Leisher »

Vince wrote: Still considerably cheaper per bottle than Disney sells at $3 a bottle.
Ha! Go to Vegas sometime, then bitch about Disney prices. Vegas more than doubles that price.