The [s]First[/s] Only Trump term...so far

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote:
TheCatt wrote:
Vince wrote: These mobs aren't trying to bring change to the system.
Going to disagree somewhat. NC has actually made it illegal for municipalities to remove these monuments, which is ABSURD. Thus, I can see individual removal by people in NC as a political act against the state, and not just a temper tantrum. They are trying to change the system. NC changed the rules in 2015.
I'm confused as to how one can reason the statues should come down because the south lost, but people pushing to remove the statues are losing in the legislative process but they should be recognized?

For what it's worth, I agree that it's absurd for the state to dictate what municipalities can do with these statues, unless the are in parks that are funded by the state. As long as it's all local money funding the park, then I'd call that an over reach. Still not going to say it makes breaking the law okay as long as there is a legal and electoral way to change things.

Now if you want to talk about political acts against the state when it comes to legal edicts handed down by unelected and unaccountable judges, then I'm all for that.
To be fair, one could argue that the NC legislature was illegally elected
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote:
Vince wrote: I'm confused as to how one can reason the statues should come down because the south lost, but people pushing to remove the statues are losing in the legislative process but they should be recognized?
Catt is making some contradictory statements and I'm beginning to think he's trolling us.
I don't see any contradictions.
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote: To be fair, one could argue that the NC legislature was illegally elected
Therefor any illegal activity is now justified? If this mob wanted to protest at polling places, I'd listen to that. Hell, if they even wanted to protest at the statues, I'd listen to that, too. But mob justice is mob justice.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

GORDON wrote:
Vince wrote: I'm confused as to how one can reason the statues should come down because the south lost, but people pushing to remove the statues are losing in the legislative process but they should be recognized?
Catt is making some contradictory statements and I'm beginning to think he's trolling us.
I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and choose to believe he's trying to reconcile his head and his heart.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote:
GORDON wrote:
I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and choose to believe he's trying to reconcile his head and his heart.
Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself. I am large, I contain multitudes. (That's for Thib)
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

I'm starting to think somewhere on Twitter was a prediction for everything.
Look at the date.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Black Democrat state senator in Missouri calls for the assassination of Trump.

The irony that she's a senator in Missouri, the state the NAACP has warned black people not to go to because it's so racist, is not lost on me.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Prediction:
On Monday Trump will tweet that the sun's an asshole.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Bannon's gone.
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote: Bannon's gone.
This could get interesting.
Troy

The First Trump term.

Post by Troy »

Coincidided with him doing a reasonable interview about the risk of North Korea. Basically : "we are in a stalemate because 10m South Koreans die before we can even bring our arsenal to bear." Didn't vibe with trumps "fire and fury" blustering.

This is me, making Bannon sound reasonable.

E: from Twitter - Trump sent Bannon away until he finds the cure for grey scale
Last edited by Troy on Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

I wonder how much of N. Korea's artillery pieces are now rusted to unusability, at this point.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Malcolm

The First Trump term.

Post by Malcolm »

Even Steinbrenner didn't switch up personnel like this.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Malcolm wrote:
Even Steinbrenner didn't switch up personnel like this.
Truth, although I do wonder if this movement might actually be a good thing. Trump came in thinking he could do things his way and it hasn't worked for him. If he now fills those roles with people who know what they're doing, his administration might start running smoother...except for his Twitter feed.
Malcolm

The First Trump term.

Post by Malcolm »

Yeah, nothing better than a cabinet full of spineless sycophants too afraid to call out a dumb-ass for being a dumb-ass.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

That's what his cabinet was, maybe the elephants will be able to convince him to change course a bit?
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

I think Steve Deace was right when he said that a candidate does not run his office different than he ran his campaign. And while the campaign got Trump into office, it was a chaotic mess.

Sadly, it seems like up to this point this White House was at its best as far as all the parts moving together in the couple of days bracketing the firing of Comey. The Assistant Attorney General released the memo on why what Comey did was out of bounds (which wasn't wrong at all), Comey was fired (though that was don't poorly), and then everyone was on the same page as to why he was fired for the next 24 hours with multiple interactions with the press. Then the day after that, the President did an interview and took a shotgun to someone's carefully crafted narrative. That was all Trump's doing.

I think General Kelly is competent as hell. I don't know how long he will continue to be an adviser to someone who won't take advice.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Malcolm

The First Trump term.

Post by Malcolm »

Leisher wrote: That's what his cabinet was, maybe the elephants will be able to convince him to change course a bit?
They'd have to grow balls first, which would make them unsuitable for political careers. Even if they did, then there'd have to be the additional miracle of Generalissimo Drumpf listening to anyone besides himself.
Malcolm

The First Trump term.

Post by Malcolm »

In today's episode of "dear fucking god, someone take the twitter account password away from him," we have:
Critiquing GOP legislative strategy, Drumpf tweeted that he had asked McConnell and House Speaker Paul Ryan to attach the legislation increasing the borrowing limit — a toxic vote for many Republicans — to popular military veterans' legislation that he recently signed. The idea was floated in July but never gained steam in Congress.

Drumpf said that because legislators didn't follow that strategy, "now we have a big deal with Dems holding them up (as usual) on Debt Ceiling approval."
But wait, what's that I hear? Someone wants to reraise on the stupid?
Beyond the challenge of the debt limit, the effort to avoid a government shutdown could be complicated by Drumpf's long-promised plan to build a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border. The ignoramus threatened Tuesday to force a federal shutdown unless Congress provides money for the project. Sanders told reporters the administration would "continue to push forward and make sure the wall gets built."