Game of Thrones  *SPOILERS* - For the nights dark and full of SPOILERS

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: But srsly, if she was moving the Ballless and Dothraki armies to Casterly Rock, does that mean she just lost both those armies when Euron pushed their shit in?
I understood it as relatively empty ships were moving to Dorn to get their army to bring back to King's Landing, so not much was lost, peoplewise. But, I could be wrong.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Ah, I hadn't considered that. Yes, I think it is true I didn't see a couple armies land at Dragonstone.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: I understood it as relatively empty ships were moving to Dorn to get their army to bring back to King's Landing, so not much was lost, peoplewise. But, I could be wrong.
Doesn't matter anyway as this world seems to have a never ending supply of human sausage to throw into the grinder.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I wonder what will become of the "Lannister mines are out of gold" and the Baratheon House owing the Iron Bank (We Always get our Due!) so much money. Because both things sort of contribute to how much human sausage they can afford.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I thought the Iron Bank was a big joke. Without a MASSIVE army to enforce their loans, who gives a fuck?

Even without an army, they could operate if every nation supported them, but every nation has seen a change in ownership, so again, fuck 'em!\

Oh no! Queen Cersei's credit rating is going to be docked!!
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

They bought Stannis an army... and watched him lose it. So yeah, dunno. I hope they say SOMETHING about the Iron Bank, and not just forget it exists, even if it just to say the IB is washing its hands of Westeros because it is now overrun with ice zombies.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: I hope they say SOMETHING about the Iron Bank
Well, you're happy now.

After tonight's episode I'm more certain than ever that Cersei's story ends in the next four episodes. Things are going too well for her.

I learned some things listening to a podcast about the last episode that, as someone who hasn't read the books, I didn't know. First, years are passing, which I think is important, and they don't do a good job of explaining on the show. That's how they have time to rebuild things like fleets. Secondly, I didn't know the truth about Jon Snow, which I feel is a massive spoiler for folks who only watch the show. That's why I'm not saying what it is here. Based on someone's words tonight, I'm pretty certain it's 100% true as well.

Oh, I look forward to Bran taking control of the dragon(s). I have no proof it will happen, but it's going to happen.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Well, I wouldn't say I'm HAPPY.... but it certainly gave the show direction. I was all like HOLY FUCK THEY'RE AT HIGHGARDEN. Did you watch the preview for the next episode? I don't know if that should be considered spoiler, or not.

Also, how far is Jaimie going to ran a tree branch up Euron's ass when he finally impales him to death? I'm guessing the branch will come out of Euron's mouth.,
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I don't think Jamie kills Euron. I think Reek does.

Jamie is going to kill Cercei. He truly loves her, and he knows she's losing it. He's a good man who killed the Mad King because it was the right thing to do. So far he's been justifying Cersei's actions because of the death of her children and the war. Soon he will realize she's straight up batshit crazy and kill her, then himself. I think his scene with the lady in at Highgarden was helping to lead to Jamie realizing what Cersei is, which is why the old woman kept saying she did the same stuff.

I did not watch the trailer for the next episode. Should I?
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote:Jamie is going to kill Cercei. He truly loves her, and he knows she's losing it. He's a good man who killed the Mad King because it was the right thing to do. So far he's been justifying Cersei's actions because of the death of her children and the war. Soon he will realize she's straight up batshit crazy and kill her, then himself. I think his scene with the lady in at Highgarden was helping to lead to Jamie realizing what Cersei is, which is why the old woman kept saying she did the same stuff.
Oooo I hadn't considered that. She is manipulative to the end. She said all that shit to him about Cersei being mad, then said, "I want her to know I killed her son" hoping to push her into doing something mad, forcing Jamie's (one) hand. neat.

The trailer for the next episode, I think, gives away that the next episode, we're going to see a different kind of episode. I won't say any more, now, unless we want to talk about it and speculate.

I don't know, though. Euron is really pushing Jamie for a fight. "A finger up the bum, maybe?"
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Oooo I hadn't considered that. She is manipulative to the end. She said all that shit to him about Cersei being mad, then said, "I want her to know I killed her son" hoping to push her into doing something mad, forcing Jamie's (one) hand. neat.
Exactly. She might be the best player on this show. She made one fatal mistake and that was not moving on Cersei sooner. Still, it really fits her character to lash out from the grave and essentially STILL be a factor.
GORDON wrote: The trailer for the next episode, I think, gives away that the next episode, we're going to see a different kind of episode. I won't say any more, now, unless we want to talk about it and speculate.
I watched it and didn't get a lot from it. I assume that gold is going to be a key part of the episode. Dani is probably taking her dragon for a ride to kill some folks. We're also going to catch up with some of the lesser players. Notice Theon landing on a beach? I'm telling you, killing Euron is going to be his redemption. I also think I saw Robert's bastard?

One character I really want to know about is that guy who keeps dying and being resurrected. What part does he play in all of this? Somehow I think he has something to do with the Iron Throne because the Hound is with him, and I believe the Hound's purpose is to kill the Mountain.

Oh Shit...just thought about something...Arya is headed home, right? Plus, she's now a cold blooded killer seeking vengeance for her family. Does she know how involved Littlefinger was in her father's death? Will Ned or Cat make a surprise cameo to kill him?
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Yeah, next episode looked like a "caper" where team daenaris will steal the highgarden gold the Lannisters just stole... putting the Lannisters in more trouble with the iron bank. Cersei's position is not yet secure.... assuming the IB (We Always get our Due) can actually move on her.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I was trying to remember if Arya knew Littlefinger betrayed Ned. Don't remember.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

A bit of light research says the Hound knows and he has a connection to Arya. With Cersei making big waves last episode, perhaps Littlefinger will make a mistake and side with her not realizing she'd doomed to lose, thus exposing himself?

Jorah returning to Dani can't happen quick enough. She has politicians advising her how to fight a war. Seems like he'll be the one to turn the tide. Otherwise, why have we been following his story?

Anyone else think it was a bit ridiculous for them to doubt the Wight Walkers while sitting in a castle guarded by three living dragons and ruled by a woman who is unharmed by fire?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: Anyone else think it was a bit ridiculous for them to doubt the Wight Walkers while sitting in a castle guarded by three living dragons and ruled by a woman who is unharmed by fire?
I thought it was a little weird that the Imp told Dani not to believe the "came back from a blade in the heart" because northerners are a flighty bunch, when Dani herself has chillaxed in two separate bonfires and was just fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I think I had a dragon-gasm when they did that profile shot of him roasting the caravan.

Littlefinger is the next big name to die right?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

By the way, the girl playing Arya KILLED it last night in that scene with Breanne. The way she oozed confidence during that fight was Emmy worthy.
Troy

Post by Troy »

I think Bronn should have died in that episode. I think Jamie still has a big arc he needs to finish, so still has unlimited plot armor, but Bronn dying to dragonfire while shooting a scorpion at Dany would have been the epic send off he deserved.