NBA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Tristan Thompson dumped Chewbacca...I mean Khloe Kardashian.

Cleveland fans celebrate!

Shit like this is why sports are awesome.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Continuing the "why sports are awesome" train...

There's a theory that a twin played for his injured twin brother.

This is all tongue in cheek, but damn would it be cool if true.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Lakers want Ball.

They can have him.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

The "Big Baller" brand has released images and prices of their shoes.

$495 for the shoes and $220 for flip flops.

Lavar Ball says if you can't afford them, then you must not be a "Big Baller".

I say if you buy them, you're a fucking idiot.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

"MJ isn't Alonzo."

This guy is batshit insane. I hope his son is a bust.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Lavar Ball pushes all in on the crazy.

Now wants $3 billion from shoe companies for his son and outs himself as not having much respect for women.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Here's why ______ is stupid and/or out of control.

Lebron isn't even in the top 4 on the MVP list? Give me a fucking break. Teams in the East can't even beat the fucker in the playoffs no matter what team he's on, yet he's not the MVP?

Yeah, let's give it to ball hogs whose teams are at home watching the playoffs and who don't make their teammates better.

Take Lebron off ALL the teams he's played for and none of them make the conference finals let alone the title.

Something about this really bugs me. It shows the mentality of the typical voter/MSM member and it screams "ME, ME, ME, ME".
Malcolm

NBA

Post by Malcolm »

I like how the NBA playoffs has one team from either conference that has yet to lose a game while the NHL playoffs have damn near even series, plenty of OT, 1-goal games, etc. Why the fuck didn't the NBA just skip straight to the championships this year?
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Malcolm wrote: I like how the NBA playoffs has one team from either conference that has yet to lose a game while the NHL playoffs have damn near even series, plenty of OT, 1-goal games, etc. Why the fuck didn't the NBA just skip straight to the championships this year?
The funny part is that everyone called this at the end of last season. The entire regular season was a complete waste of time.

Boston is now without it's best play, so even if they weren't already outclassed that series is over. Meanwhile, San Antonio lost it's best player to a dirty play by the Warriors (shocking, I know) and are down another big player so that series is over.

Even the sports media can't pretend there's any competition.
Malcolm

NBA

Post by Malcolm »

Durant on NBA playoff boredom.
“The fans, they always want to see a tight game, they want to see a buzzer beater every game, but it’s not like that sometimes,” Durant told reporters. “You have your years where you have great playoff series, four or five Game 7s, and then some years you have what you see this playoffs. But as players, we wanna go out there and win by as much as possible, and play as great as you can. Whatever happens with the score, happens.

“Relay that to the fans who feel upset. If you don’t like it, don’t watch it.”
Translation: I'm getting paid, so suck it. I dare you to make a financial protest, you spineless sheep.

And this brainless fucktard is proud of this situation:
Most expected the Warriors and Cavs to meet again, but their utter dominance and lack of competition thus far have been a hot topic in the basketball world. Is having two teams running roughshod over the league a good thing?

Many would say no, but you would not find Adam Silver among them. On a recent appearance on SportsCenter, the NBA commissioner discussed the topic, saying "it's not a concern."

"It's not a concern. I think that we should be celebrating excellence. People are already anointing these teams as dominant and franchise teams. But, on the other hand, I look at the Golden State Warriors that hadn't won a championship in 40 years. The Cavaliers, of course, won last year and had never won a championship before in this league. As you know, you look back at the historic franchises in this league – Celtics with 17 championships, Lakers with 16. I think they have a long way to go before we put them in that category. And, well, of course you want to see balance throughout the league. At the same time, when teams are excelling and playing at that level, I think, the fan in me, it's fantastic to watch."
Yeah, nothing is more fun than watching a postseason that has all but the last seven games predetermined or rendered moot. Fucking idiot.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

That Adam Silver quote is a lie. All reports I've heard are that he's very concerned about "super teams" and they want to figure out how to end them. ESPN can attest to what a problem they are because if the Warriors or Cavs weren't playing, nobody was watching the games. He can say all he wants, but the ratings prove it's a major problem.

And good for the Celtics showing some heart tonight.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

SBNation ran a simulation replacing the worst player on every NBA team with LeBron James.

The results.

I really wish people would learn what MVP means. Unfortunately, in our "me, me, me" society people can't get past individual stats and accomplishments.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

LaVar Ball coaches his AAU team to a 52 point loss.

The team features one of his sons that he thinks is worth a $3 billion dollar shoe deal.
Malcolm

NBA

Post by Malcolm »

Ice Cube trolls psycho.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Congrats Cleveland! Stephen A. Smith picked the Warriors.

Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Bron's LA home vandalized with the N word.

This is interesting timing. Something about it feels "off" to me. I could absolutely see someone doing it as a joke, on a bet, as a way to try to rattle James before the Finals, etc.

However, straight up as a racist attack? I know my world is different, but I don't see that happening. Seems too "on the nose".

Apparently, there might be video of the incident. I wonder if it turns out to be black people if it'll be reported and we'll get a deluge of articles talking about all these fake racist incidents that have been happening or if the MSM just ignores it?
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Cavs were blown out worse in the first two games of last year's finals.

I'm sure the league will tell you otherwise, but this has to be devastating to the NBA. Ratings are shit. Games are blowouts. The playoffs aren't entertaining. Only two teams are really even in contention. Etc.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

The NBA might be moving towards a new minor league system.

They've re-branded their D League to the G League with Gatorade as the major sponsor. 26 teams.

Now people are thinking Silver is going to allow kids to leave high school and declare for the draft again. Then teams could send them to the G League to get experience and coaching, which is what many teams and vets say needs to happen as kids out of high school aren't ready. OR kids could leave high school and join the G League instead of going to college. They'd get paid, and then could declare for the draft after a year or two.

This would be in the best interest of the teams and veteran players, but is this really in the best interest of the kids? You're talking about removing the opportunity for these kids to get a degree for free and replacing it with a paycheck that will dazzle those who come from no money, but will inevitably run out rather quickly. Meanwhile, their amateur status will be gone, so no change of getting a scholarship.

What makes matters worse is the NBA isn't exactly a great product. Their ratings already suck because their basketball sucks. You've got AAU and And1 out there. I'm sure they'll be looking to get G League on TV. Plus, Big3 League or whatever it's called starts this summer, and they've already got a TV deal. Will this result in over saturation?
Malcolm

NBA

Post by Malcolm »

Cleveland is getting torched so badly, I swear they're the local river.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

I don't think the defending champs have anything to hang their heads about in this era of pile on teams destroying all competition in the NBA.

Adam Silver can smile all he wants in interviews, but the product sucks and the ratings are in the cellar. If the Warriors sweep it won't be a glorious record, but an embarrassment. It'll mean to the league what Crash Davis' home run record meant to him.

P.S. I think it should be a sports rule that your team has to have been relevant within the past 15 years for you to try and throw shade. Particularly when you're trying to throw it at the defending champions.