NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

The interesting part of that article is that the NFL wanted Adelson out of the deal.

So while the MSM reported it like the Raiders were fucking up and doomed, NFL insiders were apparently celebrating.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

NFL

Post by Malcolm »

Remember when the Bears took a chance on an unproven young dude with a huge arm that turned out to be the definition of perpetual journeyman mediocrity and overpaid him for years? Encore.
According to NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport and NFL Network's Mike Garafolo, Mike Glennon has his eye on the Chicago Bears -- and the feeling is mutual. Rapoport added that Glennon is set to fetch between $14-15 million per year.
AP's thinking about NE.
Citing a source close to the veteran running back, the Boston Herald reported Sunday that Peterson would consider accepting a team-friendly contract from the Super Bowl champions.
Until agents begin negotiating with teams on Tuesday, though, Peterson-to-New England is simply conjecture.
Belichick has been reluctant to pay running backs in excess of $2 million per year. Would Peterson be willing to leave several million on the table if another contender -- such as the Raiders, Giants or even his old familiar Vikings -- offers considerably more?
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Malcolm wrote: Rapoport added that Glennon is set to fetch between $14-15 million per year.
Fuck, I guess Cousins is worth $20m+
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Malcolm

NFL

Post by Malcolm »

I'm sure he'll throw his back out as he walks out the door for old time's sake.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Malcolm

NFL

Post by Malcolm »

Dwayne Allen to NE. Guess Martellus is getting shopped.

WR Brandon Marshall signs on for two with NYG. If Eli Manning didn't suck, the Giants might have an offense.

Hoyer is going to be a 49er in all likelihood, as is ... Garcon?
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Malcolm

NFL

Post by Malcolm »

Leisher wrote: Washington loses another WR.
Who in the fuck is Cousins going to throw to now? Jordan Reed for the four games he's actually healthy during any given season?
Leisher wrote: Kenny Britt gets paid by Cleveland.
Didn't learn the lesson with Bowe, did they?
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Malcolm wrote: Who in the fuck is Cousins going to throw to now? Jordan Reed for the four games he's actually healthy during any given season?
If Cousins still has a decent year, then Catt will have to admit Cousins might actually be ok.
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

ummm.. Brock Osweiler is gonna be a Brown.. OK?
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

But they are not keeping him.. essentially they are gonna pull off something like an NBA trade. they just bought out his contract and will get Houston's 2nd rounder next year.

They must have a trade partner in place, or they're just gonna cut him and eat the cash..

Cleveland now has 5 second rounders between 2017 and 2018 draft. I predict the Browns will now try and trade for Jimmy Garoppalo, as crazy as all this may sound.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

The Texans also will get the Browns' fourth-round pick this year in exchange for their own 6th-round pick. So Cleveland gets Osweiler's contract, a 2018 second-round pick and a 2017 sixth-round pick, and Houston gets Cleveland's 2017 fourth-round pick, saves $10 million in salary-cap space and $16 million in cash.

Cleveland is not committed to keeping Osweiler and is likely to try to trade him, sources said. If that happens, the deal would turn into a basketball-like trade in which NBA teams routinely trade contracts to get them off their books. That move rarely happens in the NFL.

It's hard to remember in the salary-cap era another team when a team traded a contract to get it off its books. But Houston was so eager to rid itself of Osweiler and move on to its next quarterbacking chapter that it is giving Cleveland extra picks to take him and his contract.

The Browns headed into this free-agent signing period with more than $100 million worth of salary-cap space and would struggle to spend it all. Now they can devote some of it to Osweiler's contract and acquiring extra draft picks from Houston.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Malcolm

NFL

Post by Malcolm »

Goddamn. Brock "Hot Potato" Osweiler.
Troy

NFL

Post by Troy »

Think the Panthers are going to sign two ex players. Julius Peppers and Captain Munnerlyn. I'm cool with it. Less cool about the big payday we just gave Matt Kalil.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Malcolm

NFL

Post by Malcolm »

Malcolm wrote: Dwayne Allen to NE. Guess Martellus is getting shopped.
Yep.

Cooks to NE.
The New Orleans Saints are trading wide receiver Brandin Cooks to New England in exchange for a package that includes the Patriots' first-round pick...
TE Jordan Cameron retires.
Malcolm

NFL

Post by Malcolm »

Boyziel engaged to punching bag.
Malcolm wrote: Who in the fuck is Cousins going to throw to now? Jordan Reed for the four games he's actually healthy during any given season?
Answer: Terrelle Pryor.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

I come back from vacation, and our top 2 receivers are gone, Pryor's shown up, Cousins signed his deal, and our GM is gone? Hmmm.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Malcolm

NFL

Post by Malcolm »

Seattle signed Eddy Lacy while a couple of the Vikes escaped from Bradford Island.
After losing Cordarrelle Patterson and Charles Johnson...
To the Raiders and Browns, respectively...
Restricted free agent Adam Thielen has agreed to terms on a three-year extension...
I guess kind of good news for my fantasy team but the team hasn't had a real deep threat since the Moss days.