Resting Heart Rate

You probably can't do it, so don't even try.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Resting Heart Rate

Post by TheCatt »

Anyone track theirs? I use my Fitbit Charge 2. I aim for < 60, and know I'm slipping if it goes above (or need to rest, if it's just a 1 day spike).

Current down to 57.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Resting Heart Rate

Post by Leisher »

Last time I checked, around a year ago I was around 59-60.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Resting Heart Rate

Post by TheCatt »

55 today, which was oddly low. It was 56 back in mid-December after some weight loss, then went back up over the holidays when I gained weight. In fact, 55 seems to be my lowest "ever". (the 2.5 years or so I've owned a fitbit)
Leisher
Site Admin

Resting Heart Rate

Post by Leisher »

I need to track mine more often. You've got me curious.

If you ever talk blood pressure I know a lot about that.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Resting Heart Rate

Post by TheCatt »

Alright, what's your blood pressure?

I think mine's usually around 115/70
Stranger

Resting Heart Rate

Post by Stranger »

I've been keeping track of my heart rate and blood pressure more lately as I've been on blood pressure meds for the last 3 years and also have high triglycerides in my blood (over 600 and 150 is normal!) so my doctor has put me on meds for that and told me to start getting some cardio workouts in.

So about 3 years ago my blood pressure would get to be as high as 160/100 but now I've gotten it back down to the 120/80 range and my doc is much happier with that. I'm pretty sure my sports teams have been a major source of my high blood pressure, but the Cavs win one and my BP is down again, funny how that works.

right now my resting heart rate is always right around 60 which seems right in line with you guys. When I work out I try and shoot for a heart rate between 160-170 for 30 mins and then do some weights afterwards. Our family joined the local YMCA and I've really enjoyed getting some good workouts in.

I go back for my blood work check in early May and am working hard on my diet and exercise to bring my numbers in line.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Resting Heart Rate

Post by TheCatt »

Good job, Stranger. Btw, for the vast majority of people: high triglycerides are a product of 1) eating too many carbs, 2) eating too much. They are the form that carbs take before they are converted to fats. It's generally pretty easy to lower them by 1) eating fewer carbs and 2) eating less in general, and keeping weight down.
Stranger

Resting Heart Rate

Post by Stranger »

Yes, diet is by far the hardest thing to stay committed to. The workouts are actually enjoyable but not eating that juicy burger and having a plain piece of chicken is much harder.

I also have a family history of heart problems. My father died of heart disease about 7 years ago and so did his brother a while ago before that, all 3 of his surviving brothers have had bypass surgeries. So my doctor says that with a triglyceride number that high I might be fighting with heredity and that no matter how hard I try it may never get to "normal" levels.

Weight has never really been a big problem for me. 5 years ago I started my current job and I sit all day, much different from the jobs I've had in the past. So I've gained about 20 pounds and was up to 205, since starting the gym I've gotten back down to 198.

eating less carbs and sweets has been my hardest hurdle thus far. I swear carbs are in everything!
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Resting Heart Rate

Post by TheCatt »

I hear you. I have a ginormous sweeth tooth. I've had to ban ice cream from the house :(
Leisher
Site Admin

Resting Heart Rate

Post by Leisher »

Perfect, but I get assistance. It's actually too perfect.

I had an incident over a decade ago that put me in the hospital for a week. Almost died. Had a blood clot leave my foot (speculation is from a broken bone many moons ago) and block one of the three tubes connected to my kidney. I believe the middle one. The bottom one to that kidney had already "disconnected". Why? Nobody knows. I saw the 3rd best nephrologist in the world, and he had never even heard of such a thing. (Just looked and the whole hospital, Cleveland Clinic, is now #2.)

Side note: Since I was there another case of the third tube just being disconnected was discovered. Still no idea what causes it.

Anyway, when your kidneys have issues, your blood pressure skyrockets. So I was put on blood pressure meds back then. Now I'm still on the lowest dose of lisinopril possible and my doc is pretty sure I don't need it anymore, but to be safe I'm still on it.

However, this is possibly having a negative affect on my blood pressure. Does anyone know what happens when you take a piss in the morning? Your blood pressure bottoms out. Right the fuck out. Know what happens when your blood pressure gets too low? You go right the fuck out. I never knew such a thing was possible and then it happened to me, and I found out it's crazy common. Just one of those things nobody talks about. Apparently, to avoid this from happening, don't just jump out of bed and piss. Take a moment. Breath and let your body adjust to being awake. Who knew?

I working on weight loss too. Got to get into fighting shape for my Vegas trip.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Resting Heart Rate

Post by TheCatt »

I've seen spots/gray a lot when I stand up too fast, particularly after exercise (dedhydrated, thus low BP)... but never fallen/passed out yet. It's a little bit fun :)
Malcolm

Resting Heart Rate

Post by Malcolm »

TheCatt wrote: I've seen spots/gray a lot when I stand up too fast, particularly after exercise (dedhydrated, thus low BP)... but never fallen/passed out yet. It's a little bit fun :)
Let me know your opinion on the matter after that occurs. From my experience, it's not fun.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Resting Heart Rate

Post by TheCatt »

Malcolm wrote:
TheCatt wrote: I've seen spots/gray a lot when I stand up too fast, particularly after exercise (dedhydrated, thus low BP)... but never fallen/passed out yet. It's a little bit fun :)
Let me know your opinion on the matter after that occurs. From my experience, it's not fun.
Yeah, if I actually fainted, I would guess it's zero % fun.

I have had to lie/sit back down quickly before as my vision started disappearing.