NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

Re: NFL

Post by Leisher »

I think Jeff Fisher is gone, they just don't know who his replacement is yet, and thus, no announcements are going to be made about his fate. Remember, they open that huge new stadium in a year or two and expect to have a competitive team on the field. It's clear that Fisher might be a good coach, but he's not a great coach.

I'd bet the Rams are one of the teams that will make an offer to Harbaugh and...what other coaches are out there?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Christ. In the pussy keeper league, all my players are questionable except 2 WRs and my kicker. Only good news is someone dropped Murray's handcuff and he's mine now. I've got both the Philly and Tennessee backfields covered, so if I can weasel into the playoffs, I have proper backups.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

How does this dude still have a job?
“I’ve been impressed with Brandon and what he’s done out of the backfield,” Fisher told reporters, per Hayden Bird of Boston.com. “You’ve got to deal with him, in addition to Danny. You’ve got playmakers all around, so we have to play sound defense.”

Brandon who? Brandon Bolden, who is primarily a special teams player and has carried the ball just once this season? And which Danny are you referring to, coach? Danny Amendola the wide receiver, or Danny Woodhead, who has not played for the Patriots since 2012.

The general public drew the conclusion — and rightfully so — that Fisher has a lot of studying to do before Sunday’s game. On Thursday, a Rams spokesman tried to defend the coach.

“Coach Fisher was referring to Danny Amendola, who played for the Rams,” the spokesman told Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk. “He was talking about some of the threats they have.”

And, yes, Fisher is impressed with Bolden, “not so much about production, but the different ways they line him up,” according to the spokesman.
Mike Zimmer out ... temporarily with eye problems. That Cowboys game is looking better and better.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

This game isn't looking good for the vikes. One decent drive and it was due to freak occurrences of Bradford making 2 20+ yard throws ... and having one axed on OPI.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

And Bradford is leaving the game hurt. This could get better yet.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Malcolm wrote:And Bradford is leaving the game hurt. This could get better yet.
Damnit. He's back.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Wtf?
Former USC Trojans and New York Jets running back Joe McKnight was shot to death in an apparent road rage incident outside New Orleans on Thursday, Jefferson Parish Sheriff Newell Normand said.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

If you're a retired football player, don't go to Louisiana. That's the second one this year.

Also, every the Vikings special teams are on the field I hear the Benny Hill theme song. That punter is TERRIBLE.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Leisher wrote:Also, every the Vikings special teams are on the field I hear the Benny Hill theme song. That punter is TERRIBLE.
Forbath seems to be working out.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Vikings attempt to distract the football world from their shitty, shitty offense.
Needing a two-point conversion to tie the game with 25 seconds left, Sam Bradford was clearly hit in the helmet by Cowboys defensive tackle Cedric Thornton. The right hand of Thornton clearly raked Bradford's helmet and facemask while Thornton's left arm hit Bradford's throwing arm, causing the pass to sail far out of the end zone.
Let's talk about all the things in that game which may have gone wrong:

1) shitty Vikings o-line
2) shitty Vikings backfield
3) shitty Vikings wideout corp
4) shitty Vikings secondary getting burned by Dez Bryant, twice
5) shitty Vikings defense for not bottling up and pressuring a fucking rookie QB better?
6) unbelievably shitty Vikings run defense that allowed 4.3 ypc to a fucking rookie?
7) shitty Vikings special (as in "Olympics") teams play, including an impotent, flaccid 16-yard punt after the return?
1,000,000) Blown facemask call during a two-point conversion
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Stop me if you've heard this before, but Rolando McClain has been banned again, this time indefinitely. Also, I have an unpleasant decision to make:

I need one RB and one RB/WR flex from:

1) Wendell Smallwood at Cincy's shitty run D
2) Darrey Sproles at Cincy's shitty run D
3) Mike Wallace hosting his former team Miami's middle of the road pass D

I'm leaning towards benching 60 Minutes. Literally every other player on my bench is injured or on bye. I'm lucky that Tyrell Williams looks to be on the mend.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Who is Wendell Smallwood? That is an unfortunate name.

Starting two guys against the same D can be a problem unless they're putting up 30-40 points.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Leisher wrote:Who is Wendell Smallwood? That is an unfortunate name.

Starting two guys against the same D can be a problem unless they're putting up 30-40 points.
Wendell is the rookie running opposite Darrey Sproles. Problem is Sproles is a passing/3rd down kind of dude. They split red zone duty because of that.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

OBJ tries to blame his team's pathetic effort on the refs.
"I don't know. I don't really think we should have this crew anymore when the Giants are playing, with the past history and everything that has gone on,"
You and Bradford can form a support group where you watch Lifetime movies and eat bon-bons every time a ref ruins your game.

Luke still out.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Thanks to fantasy tonight's game actually has meaning to me.

Stranger can end his losing streak and defeat our division and league's #1 team if he holds onto his 28 point lead. (He's done and his opponent has Quincy Enunwa.)

Meanwhile, I have the same record as that #1 team, but he wins the tiebreaker. I'm up 80-41 and my opponent has Brandon Marshall and Vinatieri.

If Stranger and I hang on, I suck the division, will have the league's best record, I'll be the #1 seed, and get a first round bye. If either of us falter, I drop to the #4 seed because the division winners are 1-3. (There's financial prizes for winning the division and having the best record too.)

I hope Indy wins 7-0.

In other NFL stuff...here's a great breakdown of the Fade route:
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

I think I missed the real postseason in both leagues this year. Injuries destroyed me in both leagues.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Malcolm wrote:I think I missed the real postseason in both leagues this year. Injuries destroyed me in both leagues.
Pretty sure if you magically win tonight, you get the 6th place spot for playoffs. And send me to the loser bracket :(
It's not me, it's someone else.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

TheCatt wrote:
Malcolm wrote:I think I missed the real postseason in both leagues this year. Injuries destroyed me in both leagues.
Pretty sure if you magically win tonight, you get the 6th place spot for playoffs. And send me to the loser bracket :(
I don't think Brandon Marshall is outscoring the Colts kicker by 17 or more. I completely whiffed on Hightower this week while Pitta has his only good game of the year.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Hooray! Best record in the league (9-4), a division win, and a first round bye!

This is the third time in the last four years I've finished with the best record in the league. The other year (and the year prior to this run) I finished with the worst record...

It's boom or bust with my team.