A demonstration

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Pretty funny.

Does HL2 still require Steam to play the solo game?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I'm not sure.

Perhaps someone in the modder world has altered it...

Truthfully, I hated Steam out of the gate, but now it doesn't bug me as they've fixed a lot of the problems it had.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I'm boycotting on principle.

I don't care if they didn't lock down their development servers and had their source code stolen. It wasn't me, and I'm not going to jump through their hoops because of it.

I'll wait until it's in the $20 bin. I never had any interest in multi'ing it, unless they redid TFC on the new engine.

Edited By GORDON on 1140140452
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

How do you take one of the greatest games made, and the most played/heavily downloaded mod EVER, and kill it dead? Sell it to EA.

May EA rot in hell.

CS was sooooo much fun. One of the only FPSs that I would play online with strangers. The anti cheat code available for teh WON servers was remarkable. Fun was had by all. Sell it to EA and WON gets tore down and Steam is forced upon the masses. Cheating is back and you can't play any more unless you don't mind wall hacks and aim bots. Thank you EA. Thank you very much.

I will not buy HL2 until it is not own by EA any more.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

They've redone a LOT and have released a bunch of free games via Steam.

I believe TFC is still being developed. Maybe it'll be packaged with Duke Nukem Forever.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I tried CS a few times, and just couldn't get into it. I don't know why, honestly.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

At the time, you said it was too real. You were more into the rush, explode, die, hit space to respawn type game play.

I always like CS because it made people play more realistically cause death meant you were sitting till the round was over.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

How do you take one of the greatest games made, and the most played/heavily downloaded mod EVER, and kill it dead? Sell it to EA.

May EA rot in hell.

CS was sooooo much fun. One of the only FPSs that I would play online with strangers. The anti cheat code available for teh WON servers was remarkable. Fun was had by all. Sell it to EA and WON gets tore down and Steam is forced upon the masses. Cheating is back and you can't play any more unless you don't mind wall hacks and aim bots. Thank you EA. Thank you very much.

I will not buy HL2 until it is not own by EA any more.

I must have missed something here. EA does NOT own Valve and Valve owns CS.

Now, at some point maybe EA distributed CS for Valve...? Actually I think Valve let someone develop CS, but I don't think it was EA.

Was this the game that got the third party developer fired? I think it might be. The story is a big developer hired a third party one to develop one of their titles (this happens ALL the time). The title ended up sucking so it was brought back in house and redone. The new release had some sort of "original" build mode where you could go in and play the horrible build the third party dev made.

Not sure if CS was this particular game, but it's ringing a bell.

Anyway, I know CS is available through Steam and I'm pretty sure that Steam has an anti-cheat feature. In fact, I'm positive I just read an article where they made CS a zombie vs. survivor game for one day for fun.

And CS was fun, but I always like TFC the best.

Edited By Leisher on 1140154454