GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

From here.

Edited By GORDON on 1146790444
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
thibodeaux

Post by thibodeaux »

No plan ever survives contact with the enemy.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

The quote in the post was from "My Cousin Vinnie."

I am sooooo sick and tired of the party lines bullshit and can someone explain to me how this is thought to be a winning tactic by the Dems? They lost by a lot in the last election. How exactly do they think they will win the next one if they don't do something to appeal to the MAJORITY that disagrees with their politics?

Although, I'll admit that I'm kind of looking forward to seeing Hillary and Kerry go head to head. That's going to get ugly.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Troy

Post by Troy »

The quote in the post was from "My Cousin Vinnie."

I am sooooo sick and tired of the party lines bullshit and can someone explain to me how this is thought to be a winning tactic by the Dems? They lost by a lot in the last election. How exactly do they think they will win the next one if they don't do something to appeal to the MAJORITY that disagrees with their politics?

Although, I'll admit that I'm kind of looking forward to seeing Hillary and Kerry go head to head. That's going to get ugly.
You mean like... graphically or like... mean?
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

So why is Kerry still basing his platform on tearing down Bush? He knows Bush can't run again... doesn't he?

Well, maybe not. I dunno. Maybe he's suffering PTSD from 'nam, or something. Maybe he got sprayed with agent orange on his 3rd tour.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Maybe John od'd on Botox.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Sure, but Bush is in charge now, mid-terms come up in November, people associate with Pres with the party...
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

You mean like... graphically or like... mean?

I will have nightmares about that, thank you.

Sure, but Bush is in charge now, mid-terms come up in November, people associate with Pres with the party...

That is correct.

Remember, when most people talk about politics in the 80s or 90s, they don't discuss who controlled the Congress or who was on the Supreme Court. They say "Reagan freed the hostages" or "Things were so good under Clinton."

They are the face of the government during those times, good or bad. Thus, the Dems are going to shove down our throats that we have it really bad right now and everyone in the world hates us, all because of Bush. At least, that'll be what they say until November 8th, 2008.

Personally, I hope that no matter who runs for the Dems, at least one person has the balls to say to the candidate during one of the debates: "It's been 8 years of Bush and the world is still here contrary to what your party tried to make us all believe. You either lied or you don't know what you're talking about, which is it?"

Although, I'd bet the answer to that question would begin with: "Thanks to out brave efforts in Congress..."
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

Post by Vince »

Just opposing Bush is not a platform.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Just opposing Bush is not a platform.

You should've filled Kerry and the Dems in on that in 2003.
Selby

Post by Selby »

Are we really as bad off as all the talking heads like to make us out to be? I'm personally better off now than I was in Clinton's terms and even better than during most of Bush's first term. I don't usually associate the president with anything related to how I'm doing since that is a bit more local than what he has influence over.