Bad Santa - Very minor spoilers

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Very crude humor and language.

Billy Bob Thorton plays an asshole drunken loser that happens to play Santa Claus every Christmas at department stores with a little person friend that takes on the elf role. I'll leave out the details of their relationship to avoid spoiling anything.

Basically, the movie is about Billy Bob's character and his search for some purpose...sorta.

Its tough to go into more than that without spoiling anything. So I won't.

John Ritter is perfectly cast as a store manager with the personality and belief system of Ned Flanders, only he's even more uptight. Bernie Mac appears as a store detective and while he does a good job, the character is pretty much pointless.

I've also really got to give some recognition for the kid in the film. He does a great job making you laugh and feel sorry for him.

This film isn't for everyone. There is a LOT of cursing. Plus, Billy Bob has little respect for society or the people in it and a total lack of tact. So as you would expect, he's basically an enormous dick to people.

The plot is decent and pushes the story, but the characterization and performances make the movie.

Its the anti-Its A Wonderful Life.

8 out of 10.

A dark comedy worth the rental, but your wife/girlfriend probably won't like it.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Emuishéré

Post by Emuishéré »

Leisher wrote:A dark comedy worth the rental, but your wife/girlfriend probably won't like it.

Not all of us are June Cleaver. I'm a girl and I thought it was very refreshing.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Not all of us are June Cleaver.

Thus, the "probably won't" instead of just "won't".

Edited By Leisher on 1091662531
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”