California - Because it needs its own thread

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Worst smog in the country in Cali.
Los Angeles has the worst smog in the nation, despite California's tight environmental standards and years of progress fighting pollution, according to a new report by the American Lung Association.

The report, released on Wednesday, also said another California city, Fresno, has the highest level of pollution from particles in the air, mostly caused by vehicle exhaust.

Good to know all those environmental regs are paying off. Like literally paying kickbacks.

Edited By Malcolm on 1398968408
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Yet another major employer leaves Cali for Texas.

It's just shocking that these companies keep running from infinite regulations and the highest taxes in the nation for the exact opposite.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Vince

Post by Vince »

Hopefully the companies are smart enough to leave the employees behind. These are the people that voted the idiots into office in California, after all.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Maybe they can drink their paychecks when the drought finally kills their reservoirs.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

http://news.yahoo.com/most-ca....10.html

Most new driver's licenses in California go to illegals.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote:http://news.yahoo.com/most-ca....10.html

Most new driver's licenses in California go to illegals.
Got to keep importing new democrats.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Website publishes ridiculous satire piece about California, but people are so used to insanity from that state that they believe it.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Huntington Park, CA appoints two illegals as commissioners.

So people who aren't American citizens will have governmental power over American citizens. Brilliant!

One of them will be on the health and education commission, but it's ok because they'll be unpaid volunteers as they help set policy for tax payers and their families.

I get that these two are heavily invested in the community, but how about leading by example and getting your citizenship?
Alhazad

Post by Alhazad »

[Councilman Jhonny Pineda] says he picked these two men, first and foremost, for their accomplishments and because he promised voters on the campaign trail he’d create opportunities for the city’s sizable undocumented immigrant demographic.

If he said it while campaigning and the legal, registered voters subsequently elected him, this looks a lot like representative democracy working correctly.
We're Back: A Dinosaur's Story
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Bet they're really hoping for that El Nino to come through.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Malcolm

Re: California - Because it needs its own thread

Post by Malcolm »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Oh good. Too bad it's not legal already since I'm there eight now
It's not me, it's someone else.
Troy

Post by Troy »

TheCatt wrote:Oh good. Too bad it's not legal already since I'm there eight now
I smell it more or less everyday, on most commutes, and especially at Mission & 24th. It's basically legal.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Are you a murderer serving a life sentence, but feel like a woman trapped in a man's body?

California will pay for your sex change.

Because in a state that's always thisclose to declaring bankruptcy, performing expensive and unnecessary surgery on inmates that will never see the light of day makes complete financial sense.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

The state that wants to secede, because they're "the world's 7th largest economy" and know how to run a government right, is begging for federal funds to help with a dam they forgot to maintain.
Troy

Post by Troy »

But why would they go to the feds?
On October 17, 2005 three environmental groups filed a motion with the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission urging federal officials to require that the dam’s emergency spillway be armored with concrete, rather than remain as an earthen spillway and that it did not meet modern safety standards. "In the event of extreme rain and flooding, fast-rising water would overwhelm the main concrete spillway, then flow down the emergency spillway, and that could cause heavy erosion that would create flooding for communities downstream, but also could cause a failure, known as 'loss of crest control.'" FERC and water agencies responsible for the cost of the upgrades said it was unnecessary and concerns were overblown.[26][27]
In 2006, a senior civil engineer sent a memo to his managers stating “The emergency spillway meets FERC’s engineering guidelines for an emergency spillway,” and that “The guidelines specify that during a rare flood event, it is acceptable for the emergency spillway to sustain significant damage."[28]
Ah.

Couple days of sunshine in a row now. But I think it's supposed to rain tomorrow. Could be bad.

I've lived in the southern states. They ask for federal disaster relief when a light dusting of snow threatens. Atlanta, GA in particular had some well documented shit-shows.

Is a major dam in jeopardy of bursting and flooding 188,000 people's homes not a reasonable issue to ask for assistance with?
Last edited by Troy on Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.