F1rst!1!

For sooper seekrit League of Legends, <s>UO</s> <s>EVE</s> talk <s>and Diplomacy</s>.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Uh... first.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

We'll need to figure out in which system we want to base our corporation. Whichever station you start it... that's your HQ. Apparently. Or something.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Well, obviously it will have to be in "The Forge" region.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

But do we want to be Lords of the Newbs?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Well, we don't have to start it now, do we?
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

We gotta walk before we can rule. . . Besides, if we are king of the newbs, then we are getting them while they are young and before they can get a taste of the real world. We'd always be that really cool guild they knew when they first started.
Troy

Post by Troy »

WHen you get enough money, buy yourself an Industrial ship.

You can move your own ship, and all your loot around inside of it... highly reccomended.

*Edit*

Cake, that DOES work.

Since you logged off... It counted as me stealing for all the ones that you did solo :)

Edited By Troy on 1136437480
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Also, while we are leveling up, there's lots of shoping and stuff in the area.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Depending on how much the freelance coding pays me, I may be able to move up the timetable. Looks like I just need a slightly bigger hard drive, a bit more RAM, & a slightly better vid card.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

I'm running an XP 2100 with 1 GB RAM and a GeForce 6800. Runs very smooth, for the most part. An Athlon 64 3500 is on it's way with 1 GB RAM and a GeForce 7800. I'll let you know if there's a difference.

Biggest thing I've noticed with EVE is that it has a HUGE memory leak. I leave my task manager open and monitor its memory use. When it hits about 500MB, it starts getting choppy when there's alot of action. At 750+ it's damn near unplayable. Shut down EVE and restart it (not reboot) and it's back down to 150MB and smooth as silk. I always restart at about 500 because if I wait too long, EVE takes forever to shut down or stops responding while shutting down. But then, maybe that's just me. I'd be interested to hear if others experience this.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Cake, that DOES work.

Since you logged off... It counted as me stealing for all the ones that you did solo :)
Well, that solves the Stabber problem!! hehe Just kill all the little guys and run.

By Sunday though, I'm betting Gordo will be ready to ride along and we'll be able to take the Stabbers. I'll have beefed up my ship by then as well. Will definately have heavy missles.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

I'm running an XP 2100 with 1 GB RAM and a GeForce 6800. Runs very smooth, for the most part. An Athlon 64 3500 is on it's way with 1 GB RAM and a GeForce 7800. I'll let you know if there's a difference.

Biggest thing I've noticed with EVE is that it has a HUGE memory leak. I leave my task manager open and monitor its memory use. When it hits about 500MB, it starts getting choppy when there's alot of action. At 750+ it's damn near unplayable. Shut down EVE and restart it (not reboot) and it's back down to 150MB and smooth as silk. I always restart at about 500 because if I wait too long, EVE takes forever to shut down or stops responding while shutting down. But then, maybe that's just me. I'd be interested to hear if others experience this.
A memory leak? You gotta be fist-fucking me. How long between reboots on average?

I may just sift off the gigs of music I got onto the laptop I'm getting. That'd free up significant HD space. Probably'll get up to a gig o' RAM. Mayhaps a GeForce4 to tide me o'er whilst I attempt to earn more cash. Major machine upgrades'll probably have to wait.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Anyone playing tonight?
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

I reboot an average of about every 3 hours maybe. I've never played long enough to have to reboot twice.