Bard's Tale IV

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Damn you, inXile. I have bills to pay.

EDIT: Hmm, looks like with enough donation, you get the new Torment: Tides of Numenera (think Planespace: Torment) and Pillars of Eternity (think Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale). I'm eying the level I want and trying to figure if I want to shell out the cash.

Looks like they've sold 2 of the $10K backer level.

Edited By Malcolm on 1433257687
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Whoa. Dragon Wars (another old Interplay game) was supposed to the BT4.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I had never heard of Dragon Wars before.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

It's an interesting tidbit, but considering how games were back then, the connection to the other games would have been minor.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Exciting news today: every backer of The Bard’s Tale IV ($20 or more) will get free digital copies of the original The Bard’s Tale, The Bard’s Tale II: The Destiny Knight and The Bard’s Tale III: Thief of Fate!
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Death and drek!

Can I still contribute?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

GORDON wrote:Death and drek!

Can I still contribute?

Hells, yeah. Sumbitch, no more slots available at the reward level I want, so they put in a new one and jacked up the price $25. I never did get II or III to work on my C64 emulator. I'm now a backer. Unless inXile comes out with Neuromancer 2, I think they've hit all the franchises that drove me into my current career path like a pack of 8-bit siren-wolves.

EDIT: Correction -- most of the 1980s franchises. I was infinitely impressionable when I played them.

Edited By Malcolm on 1433985047
Troy

Post by Troy »

Backer
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

~27K backers

$1,188,259 pledged of $1,250,000 goal

28 days to go

I think it's getting made. Took, what, 10 days?

Edited By Malcolm on 1434124499
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

This is the first kick starter I've ever backed and I was a day one! Woot!
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

A huge FUCK YOU to XFinity for deciding to drop my connection, killing my first message.

Stretch goals announced.
We’ve got plans for some exciting stretch goals and even announced our first one: at $1.3 million we’ll add an Enhanced Companion NPC System and add 2 more CNPCs. What’s next after that one? At $1.35 million, we’ll add a Crafting System.

They're at $1,220,984/$1,250,000 with 27 days left, so I think we'll see those met.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

$1,256,442 with 25 days to go. $4K/day sounds like a realistic rate. Oh shit, didn't notice this...
Additionally, we have an agreement with the original The Bard’s Tale III programmer Rebecca "Burger" Heineman and her company Olde Sküül to update the games for modern machines!

Born William Heineman.

Edited By Malcolm on 1434462780
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Promote BT4 and help everyone get free shit. Already unlocked: code wheel + graph paper + something else to be revealed soon.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

BT4 YouTube vid. All you have to do is view it and up the count to up the rewards for kickstarter backers. Pass it along. Other free shit you can do to up rewards includes facebook likes, following on twitter, etc. They use the levels on those results to do things like adding the code wheel and official BT4 graph paper. Every time a new light gets turned on, a new room is opened here. Every four rooms means another reward, so far. 36 lights in total = 9 bonus widgets. There are also interesting ones: BT fan art, bardic songs, and kilt photos.

But the next item:
We will add actual, REAL Red Boots DLC to The Bard's Tale IV... FREE to all backers $20 or above! Yes, it was a joke back in Wasteland 2, but this time, with your help, the boots really will be red.

Edited By Malcolm on 1434507954
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I'm going to boost my support level to a physical tier just because of that damn code wheel. That thing brings back awesome memories.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

We will add actual, REAL Red Boots DLC to The Bard's Tale IV... FREE to all backers $20 or above! Yes, it was a joke back in Wasteland 2, but this time, with your help, the boots really will be red.

Unlocked. Another potential 6 bonus dealies, thought I'm thinking about 1 or 2 more are going to get eeked out.

$1,256,442 with 25 days to go. $4K/day sounds like a realistic rate.

Required rate to hit both stretch goals is now $3.5K/day.

Edited By Malcolm on 1434634103
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

< $25K for first stretch goal.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Third stretch goal announced:
Monte Cook designs a dungeon. $1.4M total, +500K beyond 2nd stretch goal. Feasible at the current rate.

EDIT: In case you haven't realized, I'm somewhat enthusiastic for this release. I came very close to sending my resume to inXile a few months ago to work on what I suspect was this.

Edited By Malcolm on 1434677814
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

The only dungeon crawler where I actually bought graph paper and mapped out dungeons while playing.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Leisher wrote:The only dungeon crawler where I actually bought graph paper and mapped out dungeons while playing.

This franchise is probably #3 on my list of "why I have the career I currently have" bullet points. I remember doing that shit, trying to find the corner or figuring out some fucked up teleportation pattern.

Edited By Malcolm on 1434684029