Mechwarrior Online - F2P

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

I've got a Battlemaster that can pump out 50LRM's in one shot. That could be fun to combo those 3 mechs together and buttsex the unsuspecting. I'll be on tonight
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Trooper

Post by Trooper »

And hey, its not rape if you yell surprise. . .
So you've got that going for you, which is nice.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Stranger wrote:I've got a Battlemaster that can pump out 50LRM's in one shot. That could be fun to combo those 3 mechs together and buttsex the unsuspecting. I'll be on tonight
It is pretty cool. If I get a good lock I watch the guy lose 15-20% of his health in one shot.

You guys were talking about needing a new goal, I will give you one:

Look into modules, weapons modules, and pilot skills. The advance zoom and radar deprivation are no-brainers, but at first I thought the weapons modules were worthless, only giving 2% bonuses. Then I looked closer.... there are 5 levels to the weapons modules, each giving you another 2%. So if you max out your missile range module, 500XP each level, you end up with 10% greater range. That's pretty much worth it. 1100m on your LRMs instead of 1k. You just boost whatever that particular mech's primary weapon is. When I have enough c-bills I will be doing that with my LRM and LR laser boats. I believe the modules themselves are 3mil each, not a big deal.

So do that.

I should be on this weekend. This has become my primary game, for now.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Trooper wrote:And hey, its not rape if you yell surprise. . .
So you've got that going for you, which is nice.
OK.. Surprise! Buttsex!!

Scooty, Metamechs just posted a Wolverine master guide. Pretty good, check it out.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I should correct myself and say it is the pilot SKILL for the weapon module that has 5 levels, not the module itself.
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Gordo, I think that getting a cooldown module for your LRM's will better serve you than getting range. Very rarely do I try and shoot from max range because most people can get under cover by the time the LRMs get there. Personally I like to keep my LRM fire at 700m and under, unless I know there is someone sitting in the wide open at 1000m. I just don't see the need for an extra 100 meters, it just gives the enemy that much more time to hide.

I do agree that getting the modules are valuable. Target decay is almost a must have for LRMs and Radar depravation could go on any mech.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Look into modules, weapons modules, and pilot skills.

Gordo, I think that getting a cooldown module for your LRM's will better serve you than getting range. Very rarely do I try and shoot from max range because most people can get under cover by the time the LRMs get there. Personally I like to keep my LRM fire at 700m and under, unless I know there is someone sitting in the wide open at 1000m. I just don't see the need for an extra 100 meters, it just gives the enemy that much more time to hide.

Yes and more yes.

I maxed out cooldown and heat management on lasers for my Boar's Head and it made a world of difference.

Also, Stranger is right about max range missiles. It gives folks too much time to hide behind tall objects or get out of sight so you lose lock. You'd be much better off decreasing cooldown time, heat, or increasing damage if that's an option.

Now I'm really toying with the idea of getting that Raven with the ECM. He comes with a Beagle probe, TAG, and NARC too...

The Steiner sale is going on right now and Ravens are not included because they're pussies. I don't know what to do here. I could grab the Thunderbolts and work on them as they're on sale or go with weak ass Ravens with the specific goal of really only using this one Raven and only at times when I'd be spotting for your missile boats...

I don't know if I even want to mess with the Thunderbolts because, and this is very Trooper of me, but everyone is using them. As for the Ravens, their speed and low profile is cool, but I could pull the same goal off with the Cicada that has ECM. Too bad we don't know anyone who has already mastered the Cicadas and could use that Cicada for that specific purpose.

Although, there is another Raven that's kind of a sniper. So...

I'll be on this weekend.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Yeah, cooldown on LRM's but range on my LR and MR lasers. I am always taking lazing potshots at out of range people, doing reduced damage... an extra 10% would be swell.

I am not in game right now but I seem to recall most mechs have 2 weapons slots, and you get another when you elite them? Some have 2 general modules, too.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Keep an eye on your non-weapon pilot skills, too. Some of them have multiple layers as well... "Target Retention" has 2, for example. Level 1 is 2.75 seconds after losing line of sight, and level 2 is 3.5 seconds.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I'm pretty sure the number of possible modules varies by mech.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Trooper

Post by Trooper »

I'll check out the guide Stranger, thanks for posting it I appreciate it.

Quick question for you, the few times a week I do play I was considering using Cakes super intense joystick/throttle combo that was recently dug out of storage. What do you think? Obviously at the start of each match, they imply that a joystick is what they use for control inside the cockpit. My thought is, this game is hard enough, how the fuck will you hit ANYTHING using a joystick!!! heheh. Might be cool to use on a light though? For a super intense fun experience? Lights don't really have to "hit" anything, they just run around and piss you off from my experiences. . .
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

For additional controllers, the rumor is the oculus rift and this game go together like peanut butter and chocolate.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

I still remember the migraine-inducing Nintendo foray into 3D gaming. Going to be a long time before I trust any company with my eyes like that again.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Trooper

Post by Trooper »

A Virtual Boy link, in the Mech Warrior thread. So relevant!!! Do you play Mech Warrior Online? If so, why not join our group and play with us? More the merrier.
Trooper

Post by Trooper »

Also wanted to put this out there.

Would be awesome if we could get a few more guys (Randoms) to form a 12 man party, and start doing our own 12 man parties for CW and Public games too. Start delving into the tactics/strategy portion of the game, I think that would be a whole other boat load of fun.

Unlike ArcheAge, you'd only need to recruit what 7-10 other guys? Not 300 heheh. I'd be more than willing to help-out if even necessary really, and get a few guys recruited, but I'm just going to say this right now. If we all decided this would be cool, and did it. . . I'm not going to recruit players all by myself, and do all the work like in ArcheAge! You guys gotta help too! I figure if we all recruit 2 guys , that's at least 8-10 guys. Done.

What'cha think?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Would be awesome if we could get a few more guys (Randoms) to form a 12 man party, and start doing our own 12 man parties for CW and Public games too. Start delving into the tactics/strategy portion of the game, I think that would be a whole other boat load of fun.

I think it would be interesting to find other casual players and create a large enough group that we could try 12 man CW on the weekends.
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Hey Supreme Commander.. What if Bucket of Shit or Piss Boy want to play some Community Warfare? Pick a faction (Steiner) so I can get my kill on!
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I will if you tell me how to change my clan title.

Edit - NM, figured it out. Now you have to do something else for me.

Edited By GORDON on 1422925995
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Why does Stiener's symbol look like anal fisting?

Edited By GORDON on 1422926188
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote:Why does Stiener's symbol look like anal fisting?
Cuz... eye of the beholder.
It's not me, it's someone else.