ArcheAge - Formerly: "So I've been playing..."

For sooper seekrit League of Legends, <s>UO</s> <s>EVE</s> talk <s>and Diplomacy</s>.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

You would have to craft another trade pack in another area. In each area you can only craft two different types of trade packs, in Two Crowns its the Pomme cakes and Two Crowns cream.

When I look up what everything is currently going for there's always a much longer list of packs...?

Thread moved again. I think this is the perfect home for it. It's private for our core members and we can create a new thread for anyone that joins TKV and floats to the forums.

Edited By Leisher on 1416424250
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Trooper

Post by Trooper »

He is probably talking about the aged cheese, honey and salve. You need an aging larder, then fill it with the appropriate ingredients. That's what I'm doing now. Farms are being converted to produce the materials for the cheese as well as the cheese packs. They take 3 days to mature. Once done, you turn them in at gweonid for 13.x gold. With interest, it's just over 14g each. The fellowship packs require a fellowship station. That's something a player builds and makes public. No idea if there are any of those around.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Oops. That was me.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Grendul made a divine delphinad meteor nodachi while I was on this morning.

547.7 DPS
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Who is Grendul? someone in our guild?
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

No clue. When someone pulls that off it gets announced to the world.

I was impressed with the stats, and I wonder how much gold he spent crafting that weapon.
Trooper

Post by Trooper »

Tier 2 Hasla for Scooty. It does hella damage too 0.o WHEW. Now just gotta finish tier 3 and I'm all good to hit GHA. Speaking of GHA, since we all have hasla gear now, we should actually hit GHA again, we can actually do it all the way thru now. We just need a tank, since I switched from our only tank to our only healer!!!! We don't need 6 archers, someone else has to fill some roles!!!!!!
Troy

Post by Troy »

This is like when everyone wants to be a goddamn sniper in TF2
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

This is like when everyone wants to be a goddamn sniper in TF2

I played the Engineer exclusively if TF and then in TF2 I was typically an engineer or Pyro.

I would volunteer to be the tank, but I have 0 XP in defense, no plate armor, no shield (certainly no Hasla shield), and no access to health pots or whatever other buffs tanks use.

We do have a mage out there somewhere who would have lots of CC, but he's only lvl 8. Of course, being lvl 8 we could easily get him training the skills we need to fill a role.
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

I could try and tank as best I can, I do spec into defense and can be pretty tanky as far as an archer goes. My defense is at something like 3500 but I don't know if that will be good enough for GHA. I'm sure someone in our guild is a tank, if not then we should look to recruit one.

Also, from what I've read on GHA is most of the damage is physical, but one of the bosses does tons of magic damage so you also need someone that can tank magic which usually means really good cloth armor. Plate armor won't do shit to help with tanking that boss.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Yeah, I don't know if that would require a different person or the same person with a different suit of armor.

I do know that I've read/heard that tanks go into these dungeons with armor for the dungeon and not the same armor they wear for PvP.

You weren't on, but we were trying to do GHA last night. It wasn't a serious attempt, but we did learn some things, or at least I did.

While it would be possible to clear the dungeon despite dying during every encounter, it'd take forever and I think you'd lose your armor. It takes a hell of a beating in there. Having 5 folks instead of 3 or 4 would make that first boss so much easier. You could have one kiting and the other four each situated to attack an egg when it spawned. Although, I think they'd need to be against the walls constantly to stay out of the way of the kiter.

I did want to point out that avoiding his ice is simple. When he hits you with it, don't try to walk out of it. Either use the Shadowplay backflip or immediately walk backwards and jump. When I'm kiting him, you'll notice I walk backwards the whole time so I can keep shooting him and maintain aggro. When he hits me with the ice I realized the backflip got me away easily, but as we saw, can land me in someone else's ice fucking the whole fight up. Instead I was just doing a regular jump and I would find myself immediately free.

We're going to need to do this dungeon a LOT to get everyone the sets of armor they want/need.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

After hitting HA again last night, I think we should just do GHA. Yeah, it'll be tougher, but we're not pulling anything worth a damn from HA aside from Jesters.

Farm Haulers are everywhere already. Apparently, they're MUCH faster than farm carts. I was using the eco-fuel boost and got passed by one like I was on a donkey not using the carrot buff. Without the eco boost they still seem to be pretty fast, but my farm cart can outrun them with eco at that point.
Trooper

Post by Trooper »

THIS IS CAKEDADDY:

For GHA, we'll need dedicated rolls. We can't use a tanky archer any more than we can use an off healer. Requires a full dedicated cleric, a full dedicated tank, etc. Know that when you hit 50 in your skills, you should be dropping one and starting to raise another. Respec'ing your character for PvE vs PvP is common. As we know, it doesn't cost that much to switch things up.

As far as recruiting, that's a good idea too. But, who's doing that? The only person that has ever brought someone new to the guild is Scooty. Everyone should be recruiting. Will make trade runs easier (or possible. Never run them now because we don't have the manpower), Hasla farming easier, GHA, etc.

GHA: Met a guy the other night who knew ALOT about running the dungeon. He said to invite him any time. We'd learn alot from him. Even when it comes to PvP. He knows the classes, how to counter them, etc. He gave me an axe for my second weapon because he just couldn't stand watching me fight with one one handed weapon any more. I look for him every time we go, but he hasn't been on.

Back to recruiting. Is anyone going to do this? Scooty is getting frustred that he's the only one recruiting and trying to organize stuff to keep them interested. He recruits a bunch of people only to find out they leave if he's off for 2 nights. We either have to make an effort as a group, or just admit that it's not going to happen and live within our limits.

Farm haulers are faster, as you said, but I don't know how much fuel the use each time. I have no idea of the cost of the vehicle either. I THINK the plans are 500g. I do a lot of trade packs, but not that many that I feel like covering that investment. I'd like to start making more cross ocean runs for materials instead.

Edited By Trooper on 1416851329
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

I finally got to craft a complete set of Illustrious leathers last night. In doing so I got 3 pieces that came out as Typhoon, 2 lightning and 2 desert. Each set has its own unique stats so its kind of a mish mash of stats. Here's what I found:

-Illustrious set has better physical and magic defense by about 150-250 points than Buried Legends
-Buried Legends has better ranged DPS by 30 points than Illustrious due to the higher amount of agility
-Illustrious had better melee DPS by 30 points due to the higher amount of strength.
-Buried Legends had slightly higher crit rate 17% compared to 15% of Illustrious.
-Buried Legends had better HP and MP by a slight margin

Since I didn't have a complete set of 4 or 7 I don't get the stat bonuses that each set gives. So if I wanna get a set of Typhoons I'd have to start from the very beginning and try each piece over again in hopes that I get the one I want, BLOWS!! Or I can salvage 3 unwanted Illustrious pieces to get a salvaged piece to make whatever particular brand I want, if that makes any sense. I should also say I only have one piece of gear that is purple and the rest are either blue or green, so having a higher rarity would make the Illustrious set better but at this point they are pretty much the same and i'll prolly still be wearing the Buried Legends set until I can craft a Magnificent set.
-
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Trooper

Post by Trooper »

Just looked. The hauler only requires an upgrade ticket thing to go from the wagon to the hauler. That must be the 500g thing that I've seen in chat. No other materials are required from what I can see.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

For GHA, we'll need dedicated rolls. We can't use a tanky archer any more than we can use an off healer. Requires a full dedicated cleric, a full dedicated tank, etc. Know that when you hit 50 in your skills, you should be dropping one and starting to raise another. Respec'ing your character for PvE vs PvP is common. As we know, it doesn't cost that much to switch things up.

Did they actually fix the glitches for GHA? Because if not, the two hardest bosses can be glitched. Meaning most of this is probably moot.

I don't want to waste anymore time in HA. It's fun, and the Jesters are adding up, but end of day, we need that armor.

As far as recruiting, that's a good idea too. But, who's doing that? The only person that has ever brought someone new to the guild is Scooty. Everyone should be recruiting. Will make trade runs easier (or possible. Never run them now because we don't have the manpower), Hasla farming easier, GHA, etc.

Back to recruiting. Is anyone going to do this? Scooty is getting frustred that he's the only one recruiting and trying to organize stuff to keep them interested. He recruits a bunch of people only to find out they leave if he's off for 2 nights. We either have to make an effort as a group, or just admit that it's not going to happen and live within our limits.

I'm going to need some clarification... A week or so ago I was pulled into a private chat with Cake and asked if it was ok with me if Scooty stated recruiting for the guild. He wanted to grow our numbers so that he could fully man his galleon and go have proper naval battles. I said I didn't mind if he did that.

Now I'm hearing that he's getting frustrated that we're not recruiting? At what point did I agree to start recruiting? When was I even asked to recruit? Stranger, were you asked to recruit people?

Besides, I've been busting my ass to recruit a lvl 8 elf mage. No success so far, but I'm still hopeful.

This is as ridiculous as the confusion over the Hasla rolls last time we were there.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

GHA: At our skill level, I think our only success will be with the first boss. And even that will be a hard fought battle. I'm gaming for just farming him over and over though. As far as the glitches, it appears that some of them have been fixed. There have been a few attempts with people glitching with doors and stuff and then giving up. My guess is that how we've been doing it is the way it will have to be done.

He's not getting frustrated that we aren't, it's that they leave as fast as he can recruit. Stranger mentioned recruiting for roles and I was pointing out that it will need to be a group effort. Then I was asking if anyone was going to do that because if not, then we need to plan for working with what we have.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

As it turns out, GHA can be done by us. Although, I'd say we need to work on our speed. It took way too long. Better Hasla weapons will help.

As for recruiting, tell him he needs to just spam recruit. Some will stick, some won't. He needs to alter tactics for whomever he's recruiting.

For example: Lots of solo players still in the game. When recruiting them talk a lot about trade runs. Talk about how sharing gold/resources isn't required. Talk about how we'll help each other out. Etc. Those folks might not be interested in PvP, but they're numbers. Numbers that will get other folks to stick longer.

Server is down again. Fuckers took it down in the middle of the Halcyona war. We had the artifact down to about 30% health. Rude as fuck.

Edited By Leisher on 1416932311
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Fuckers took it down at 1am. But I can live with this. Still not 5am that would be better, but 1am is ok. Well, for us easterners anyways.

Finished the night in Hasla. Wasn't paying attention to the time and it happened to be during a rift. I do much better at the rifts now. I can always get at least one of the scorps, sometimes even 3 of them. I've scored the big scorps before too. But, I prefer trying to get multiple small ones since they are easier and if I can get two of them, it's like getting the big one. I can't solo the fat dudes. I have tried multiple times but can never get it done. Always kill me. I try to kite them into large groups hoping they will just start shooting him, but they don't. However, tonight I hit the mother load! After the rift was over, all the fat dudes were dead, I went back to farming the regular spawn. Running around and I pass over a fat dude corpse. It's lootable! 30 honor, for free! I do a quick scan, see another fat dude corpse. Run over and get 30 conviction free! I don't need conviction, but, whatever.

Back up to about 90 honor now. Should I get a second one handed sword so I'm dual wielding, or upgrade the first one? Right now I have a lower level axe in my off hand.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I finished my night in Hasla too, but logged right as the Rift was starting. You should have come to my location it was busy as hell. It was the "secret spot" and they actually had courage open. Two groups were there and when a third showed up several of the two groups went purple to drive them away.

I ended my night just shy of halfway to my T2 bow. So I got about 70 tokens in 60-90 minutes. I also have 343 Jester's Coinpurses to open at some point. I think I'll begin once I hit 500.

I should get my lvl 5 Proven Warrior necklace around 2 p.m. today.

The sea of farm haulers are ruining trade runs. None of the standard trade packs are ever at 130% anymore. Good job Trion, way to allow the exploiters to continue to break the economy even after you've caught them cheating and fixed their exploits.

Cake, I heard a rumor that Scooty doesn't exactly use up his labor. If not, ask him if I can get him to process some Hereafter stones for me.

Edited By Leisher on 1417022571