Star Trek: The Next Generation

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I mean, it's a TV show from the 80s. You have to expect some lowered production values, "safe" language and interactions, etc.

Stick with the season just to get a sense of the characters. Gordon is correct about it getting better as it goes.

Some of the episodes are fantastic (The Inner Light). Some suck (Most of the Worf, Wesley, or either doctor episodes).

Ha! I not only merged while Gordon was posting, but my post started a new page pushing his into "older" material. (Go back a page and read his stuff.)
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

"Inner Light" is considered one of the best episodes of all TV.

I think the worst is considered, "Sub Rosas," A Bev Crusher episode with gramma's sex candle.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

I did a search for Start Trek Next Generation and it didn't show this thread. I figured there was already a thread for it because 'you', but couldn't find it.

I saw a TON of the 60's version in it. Some over acting, the stars flying close by the ship during warp, among other things. I didn't mind that. Setting up all of the love interests though! The music clued you in as much as the Jaws "dah duh" setup the shark attacks. The longing looks, the back ground music, the camera cutting back and forth. Holy geez! I chalk that mostly up to the 80's though. It was like Guiding Light for dudes!
Vince

Post by Vince »

Oddly, the longer I watched this series the less I liked it. By the second season of Deep Space 9 I don't think I saw more than 3 episodes of Next Gen.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

1. These are on Netflix and are remastered. CGI much better than what originally aired.

2. Watching through with my kid, I haven't seen a lot of these in over a decade. In season 6 there's a "Die Hard on the Enterprise" episode. Some peeps are trying a heist, only Picard is on board, and he straight-up murders 3-5 people, depending on how you define the word murder. It's kind of hilarious. And then in the next episode.... Picard finds love, and he and his woman go to one of the exact spots where he recently killed a guy, and he opens his heart and plays music with her like it's no big deal.

Good stuff.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I do not remember those episodes at all.

I realize now, I quit watching... at the end of season 5? Or earlier. And have never seen past that. How many season are there?
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote: I do not remember those episodes at all.

I realize now, I quit watching... at the end of season 5? Or earlier. And have never seen past that. How many season are there?
7 seasons. Season 6 has been pretty strong.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Wyclef Jean, Star Trek TNG fan?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Why not?

There are a lot of black celebrities who have admitted to being ST fans.

I've heard Captain Kirk referenced in more than one rap song.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »