Home streaming services

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.

Home streaming services

Netflix
40%
Hulu Plus
No votes
Other
60%

Total votes: 5

TheCatt
Site Admin

Home streaming services

Post by TheCatt »

On the one hand: Yay, competition (kinda). On the other hand, I just see stupid fragmentation.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Home streaming services

Post by GORDON »

And pirating is back on the rise.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Home streaming services

Post by TheCatt »

HBNow 1) doesn't have profiles and 2) doesn't allow offline viewing. wtf?
And pirating is back on the rise.
GORDON
Site Admin

Home streaming services

Post by GORDON »

And the app itself isn't that great. I had to take a moment to figure out how to "view all movies" the other day. It shouldn't have been difficult.
Leisher
Site Admin

Home streaming services

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Home streaming services

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Home streaming services

Post by TheCatt »

I can get behind lower prices.
Leisher
Site Admin

Home streaming services

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 10:45 am
I can get behind lower prices.
Me too, but not with ads. It's 2021, let's do something better.

Although, let me add a caveat. If you're going to force me to watch ads, up your ad game. I want R rated ads. Darker comedy. More violence. Etc.

Of course, our horribly toxic society would never allow advertisers to have fun in 2021...
TheCatt
Site Admin

Home streaming services

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 1:41 pm Although, let me add a caveat. If you're going to force me to watch ads, up your ad game. I want R rated ads. Darker comedy. More violence. Etc.

Of course, our horribly toxic society would never allow advertisers to have fun in 2021...
Boobs in ads.
GORDON
Site Admin

Home streaming services

Post by GORDON »

Just boobs. Upon which are written "buy a Nissan "
Leisher
Site Admin

Home streaming services

Post by Leisher »

They have boobs in ads in Europe, or something.

I'd honestly like to do an experiment: Find some hot woman who somehow hasn't shown her tits, but is willing to for charity. Have her do a quick ad wearing something very sexy, but not too revealing. Have her explain the good work the charity does, and if viewers are about to go to www.hbomax.com and give $100K within 1 week, she'll do another commercial wearing nothing but a G string and cover nothing up.

The charity would need to benefit women to really confuse the feminists who would otherwise complain.

Who wants to bet they easily hit their mark?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Home streaming services

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 2:45 pm Just boobs. Upon which are written "buy a Nissan "
Works for me.
Leisher wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 3:18 pm Find some hot woman who somehow hasn't shown her tits, but is willing to for charity. Have her do a quick ad wearing something very sexy, but not too revealing. Have her explain the good work the charity does, and if viewers are about to go to www.hbomax.com and give $100K within 1 week, she'll do another commercial wearing nothing but a G string and cover nothing up.
Also works for me.
Leisher
Site Admin

Home streaming services

Post by Leisher »

Amazon buys MGM.

This is a pretty big deal and really pumps up Prime as a real contender in the streaming wars.

Prime and Disney (Hulu/Disney+) are probably way too big and financially secure to fail, so who of the "giants" will be the first to fall? Will any fall?

I'm betting on NBC/Peacock. If I was running Netflix, that's exactly who I'd be considering buying. It'd give Netflix a pretty impressive TV library of shows people actually still want to watch.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Home streaming services

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON
Site Admin

Home streaming services

Post by GORDON »

Ha! I responded to it immediately, last night.
Leisher
Site Admin

Home streaming services

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Home streaming services

Post by Leisher »

Dish and Sling customers woke up today to discover their services no longer have any Disney channels, which is kind of a big deal on a Saturday in the fall. ESPN, ABC, SEC Network, ACC Network, etc.

People are PISSED and looking for streaming alternatives. It's not the missing channels, but rather, the lack of a heads up.

They both tweeted out this exact same thing:
GORDON
Site Admin

Home streaming services

Post by GORDON »

Whenever I see the word "fair" in an argument I immediately assume the other side is right.
Leisher
Site Admin

Home streaming services

Post by Leisher »

WB Discovery (horrible name) suing Paramount over South Park.

It's no secret that WB Discovery is not cash rich and that streaming services are hemorrhaging money, not making it, with few exceptions. Are we going to see more lawsuits like this as entities scratch and claw to survive?
Leisher
Site Admin

Home streaming services

Post by Leisher »

Disney+ and Hulu are merging.

Disney is also purging content, which means putting stuff away to be brought back out later.