Things you notice on a big screen TV

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

There was an existing thread for this topic, can anyone find it?

On my 61" HD TV, I have noticed:

In the movie Stargate, you can see the camera and film crew reflected in their sunglasses when on the desert planet.

in The Empire Strikes Back, you can see the tracks in the snow where the FX guys walked the explosives up the hillside to simulate the "meteor" strikes on Hoth.

And last night, in the movie Star Trek: Generations, in Kirks cabin in the Nexus, the one he said he "Sold long ago," he has a wall of weapons, including a Klingon bat'leth (or however it is spelled). Being Kirk, you wonder where that came from. Also, in the middle of this wall of weapons, is a big framed picture of the Enterprise, from the TV show.

They should have lingered on that wall a little more... it was cool. Took me over a decade of repeated viewings to notice it. BD, maybe that helped, too.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

GORDON wrote:In the movie Stargate, you can see the camera and film crew reflected in their sunglasses when on the desert planet.
Picked up the BD for $10 and watched it. Now that I knew about the camera crew reflections, I saw it constantly. And it was funny when the director would notice it... because some scenes showed the character with sand smeared all over their shades... you know in real life you wouldn't be able to see shit through those lenses... funny!
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

In Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior, when they show the refinery/fortress they are defending from The Humungus and his horde, you can see there isn't actually a back wall to it. You can see this from a different angle in the scene where Max is wounded, on the gyrocopter, and the camera is angled down to the ground as they fly, and Max is slipping in and out of consciousness. No back wall to the fortress.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: No back wall to the fortress.
Seems like a security weakness :)
It's not me, it's someone else.