Glass

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
GORDON
Site Admin

Glass

Post by GORDON »

http://www.mania.com/top-man....58.html
Rumor: Despite the first film being released nearly 8 years ago, recent news popped up this week that director M. Night Shyamalan and leading star Samuel L. Jackson were holding out hopes of continuing their Unbreakable storyline.
Source: MTV
Mania Verdict: TRUE— There are some questions as to whether their hopes will be proven victorious but the two are hoping to continue the storyline of Mr. Glass.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

While I actually kinda liked the first one, it'll be way too long in between flicks.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Leisher
Site Admin

Glass

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Glass

Post by TheCatt »

Did anyone see split?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Vince

Glass

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote: Did anyone see split?
Yes. James McAvoy is probably one of the greatest actors among his peers. He delivered an amazing performance in that.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

Glass

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Did anyone see split?
Yeah, and reviewed it here.

I remember it being good. Vince is correct that McAvoy is awesome in it.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

Glass

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: I remember it being good. Vince is correct that McAvoy is awesome in it.
I think what most impressed me was once his personalities were established, he'd slip into one and within a couple of seconds you immediately knew which one he was.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

Glass

Post by Leisher »

Rotten Tomatoes has this at 37%. However, upon digging, I see the viewer's score is 71%. Over at IMDB, the score is 6.8.

The viewers are right and the critics are wrong about this one.

Listen, this isn't a perfect movie. There are flaws. However, the twists are the best M. Night twists since Unbreakable.

My biggest complaint were the angles used in fights. They were clearly covering for Willis' age. So don't come looking for fights. In fact, the narrative even explains why this doesn't resemble a Marvel movie (great nod to them in the film too) and it works on two levels. It's actually quite brilliant. The concept of this film is what makes it a win for me. It's funny because I enjoyed the film, had certain expectations built, did NOT get those expectations met, was mad, then was thrown a curve ball that won me back.

This is a superhero movie with very little "super". It's a character piece with some fun twists.