Touristas (2006)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Touristas (2006)

Post by Leisher »

So this guy meets a really hot girl at a bar. They drink all night and head to a hotel together. He cannot believe his luck as this chick is way out of his league. When he arrives at the hotel, he's a bit tipsy, but not bombed. Despite that, he winds up passing out. When he wakes up, he's in a tub of ice and he finds a note telling him to call the hospital as they took his kidney and he needs treatment.

Everyone knows that urban legend right? Well apparently the writer of Touristas was infatuated with it because he wrote a movie based on it.

The storyline is that a group of tourists, all in their early 20s, from the U.S., Britain, Sweden, etc. all come to Brazil for a vacation and get stranded on a beach. They party with some locals and become the target for a madman doctor who is pissed at "gringos" for stealing the locals organs. Thus, his mission in life is to save locals with gringo organs.

The writing is pretty bad here, particularly when dealing with the characters. The doctor is a complete scumbag who abuses those who work for him, yet nobody does anything despite them all wanting this "organ farming" to end. You will never give a shit about any of the tourists as they fail to really develop them. Plus, a lot of them look very similar without being covered in dirt and such, so when they do get covered in dirt and such, it's even harder to tell who's who.

I'm not even sure that I'd term this film a horror. Is there a sub genre of "Suspense/Horror"?

I can't really recommend this to anyone.

2 out of 10.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Touristas

Post by Leisher »

This movie is so forgettable that I almost got tricked into watching it again. Josh Duhamel and Olivia Wilde were in this, which I didn't know the first time around.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”