I See You (2019)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

I See You (2019)

Post by Leisher »

Amazon Prime

As a local cop's private life is turned upside down and strange things start occurring in his home a serial killer might be on the loose.

I'm going to start this review from the end: I enjoyed the movie despite a few flaws and recommend you watch it with as little info as possible.

Got it? If you want to watch this movie, leave now.

New look Helen Hunt is the wife. Jon Tenney is the husband/cop. Judah Lewis is the son.

I was legit bored initially as the story was setup and annoyed as the film presented itself as something. I hate those movies because they're lazy and cheap and...wait, what is that? Pausing movie and heading to Google. That's a fucking thing!? Well shit, this just turned into something completely different. And for fun, let's dump you on your heads one more time.

Yep, the filmmakers are going to lie to you a bit, but I'm going to allow it here. The story told is just tight enough that it shouldn't infuriate you when you realize how they lied, but they do it more than once. There are flaws and holes, but I went in with zero expectations, and was thus, pleasantly surprised.

Very enjoyable once you get to the big reveal about halfway through. It IS flawed though, so don't expect a perfect movie.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”