Into the Dark - Delivery (2020)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Hulu

I missed this one in May. I had to look it up to realize it was May because I couldn't think of a holiday it related to in June. Once I saw this was actually May's movie it hit me that Mother's Day was the holiday theme.

A woman about to give birth befriend another prego in a chance encounter. One dinner later and shit goes south.

Long story short: This is Misery.

Tina Majorino is really solid, but she's no Cathy Bates. Natalie Paul and Michael Cassidy are pretty good in their roles, but Natalie is outshined by Tina and Michael isn't given a ton to work with. All should have pretty good careers going forward. Acting was not a weakness of this movie.

The only problems I had with the film are that it was a bit slow, the villain was a bit stupid, and the heroine isn't particularly likable. Not because of Natalie, but because of her character's arc.

Decent effort. Definitely not the worst of the series, but also certainly not the most original. I could see women, in particular moms, really liking this version of Misery.

Now, for fun, think about the name Tina Majorino. I'm betting it doesn't ring a bell. I'm going to put a picture of her below. While she has been in several successful TV shows, just by looking at that picture and without googling, can you think of what movie we first saw her in? (I didn't watch any of the shows she was in, but I'm sure one or more of you have watched at least one.)

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Had to google. I barely remember that movie.

I might have seen her in True Blood, but dont remember her from that either.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

I googled, because I didn't know her first movie. I remembered her from ND and BL. I never saw WW. I saw WaMLaW, but not sure she played a big enough role to be remembered, but I also barely remember the movie. Only knew it after clicking on it and seeing who was in it. I would say ND was the first time I really saw her in a movie. I new right away, 'That's the girl from ND'.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: I remembered her from ND and BL.
Never saw those.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

ND is one of the most overhyped and unmemorable films of all time.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: ND is one of the most overhyped and unmemorable films of all time.
Thus, why I never saw it. My wife and brother-in-law watched it together, and I was supposed to watch it with them, but a work emergency came up. I felt bad cuz I heard them laughing, but later went down and said "What, you heard the one time we laughed?"
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I watched it with great anticipation of a hilarious film and didn't laugh a single time.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

I always thought Liesher's review of ND was weird. It was a funny movie.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: I always thought Liesher's review of ND was weird. It was a funny movie.
I disagree.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Are you.talking about Napoleon Dynamite?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Are you.talking about Napoleon Dynamite?
Yes.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I liked it. Amusing with a lot of regret in Uncle.... Something.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

But that is not the movie YOU first saw her.