The Room Where It Happened by John Bolton

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

John Bolton's book about working in the Trump White House.

Obviously stuff has already started leaking. The book itself finally leaked today, I think. Officially releases Tuesday, June 23rd, I believe.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Maybe I've missed it in my news diet, but I haven't heard much since this weekend about the book. Trump bad, gives zero fucks about America, etc. Surprise.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

"The Left" was bragging about having already pirated the e-reader copy before it was released.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Another anti-Trump book from a Republican

"It Was All a Lie: How the Republican Party Became Donald Trump "
Stuart Stevens spent decades electing Republicans at every level, from presidents to senators to local officials. He knows the GOP as intimately as anyone in America, and in this new book he offers a devastating portrait of a party that has lost its moral and political compass.

This is not a book about how Donald J. Trump hijacked the Republican Party and changed it into something else. Stevens shows how Trump is in fact the natural outcome of five decades of hypocrisy and self-delusion, dating all the way back to the civil rights legislation of the early 1960s. Stevens shows how racism has always lurked in the modern GOP's DNA, from Goldwater's opposition to desegregation to Ronald Reagan's welfare queens and states' rights rhetoric. He gives an insider's account of the rank hypocrisy of the party's claims to embody "family values," and shows how the party's vaunted commitment to fiscal responsibility has been a charade since the 1980s. When a party stands for nothing, he argues, it is only natural that it will be taken over by the loudest and angriest voices in the room.

It Was All a Lie is not just an indictment of the Republican Party, but a candid and often lacerating mea culpa. Stevens is not asking for pity or forgiveness; he is simply telling us what he has seen firsthand. He helped to create the modern party that kneels before a morally bankrupt con man and now he wants nothing more than to see what it has become burned to the ground.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Michael Coehn - Disloyal

Doesn't feel worth it's own thread. We'll just call this the Trump book thread.
But, as a rule, Trump expressed low opinions of all black folks, from music to culture and politics. Africa was a hell-hole, he believed, and Nelson Mandela, to use but one example, was an object of contempt for Trump.

“Tell me one country run by a black person that isn’t a shithole,” he would challenge me as he cursed out the stupidity of Obama. “They are all complete fucking toilets.”
“South Africa was once a beautiful country twenty, thirty years ago,” Trump said, endorsing Apartheid-era white rule. “Mandela fucked the whole country up. Now it’s a shithole. Fuck Mandela. He was no leader.”
Worth reading the excerpts. And Trump wanting yet another teen girl.