The Last Days of American Crime (2020)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Netflix

The government has developed a signal that makes people unable to do anything unlawful. Additionally, they can't spend money or use items obtained unlawfully prior to the signal being brought online. It's a few days prior to the activation of the signal and a crime lord's son wants to pull one more job, then run with the money to Canada. He recruits a career criminal whose brother just committed suicide in jail. Oh, and that career criminal just banged that crime lord son's girl.

Interesting premise, but horribly executed. This movie was 2 and a half hours long, and did not need to be more than 90 minutes. The pacing is just sooooo fucking slow. So many scenes that didn't need to be shown.

The writing is the bigger sin though. It's just a shit show. If the Sci Fi channel commissioned heist films, this would be one. So many bad plot lines, shot coming up out of nowhere with zero setup, and so on.

There's one scene, in particular, between the crime lord and his son that is amazingly bad. Soup level bad. The dialogue, the exposition trying to explain everything, the acting, the direction, etc. It was all shit.

It has zero charm, it's cliched, no style, and so on. Oh, and did I mention the signal, which is the core focus of the fucking movie, is essentially completely ineffective on people who happen to be stars of the film.

Garbage.

Although...Anna Brewster is the shining light. Her acting is by far the best in the movie, and she's hot. (I think she'll be in Catt's wheelhouse.)
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Did she used to be a model? Her eyes look a little bit dead.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Did she used to be a model? Her eyes look a little bit dead.
No idea, but I get what you're saying. Although, they have more life in the film.

Her performance is a shame because it is really good and wasted on this turd of a movie.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

She's cute, but those eyes... at least in the google images...
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I think that's her "Blue Steel" look.

In the movie, those eyes are seductive and emotive.