Infamous (2020)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Infamous (2020)

Post by Leisher »

Bella Thorne plays a young girl growing up in a small town who dreams of escaping. She meets a guy with a sketchy past, which is catnip to broken girls, and one thing leads to another before they find themselves on the run from the law. This makes this into a modern day Bonnie and Clyde, but they livestream everything.

The live streaming makes the whole plot completely fall apart. Not sure how convicts with zero technical background expect to make money off of having a bunch of followers. I mean, where are they going to cash the checks? Plus, FB and their ilk, would absolutely use the law to withhold any money their streams made and then pocket it later. Additionally, carrying the exact same phone around non-stop is a pretty easy way for a fugitive to get caught in 2020. And who is paying the bills?

Bella is awesome and fully believable. She shines as this movie is essentially all about her. The guy does a good job of being the straight man for her routine, and his arc is actually very well written.

There is a message in the movie, but I'm not sure what point they're trying to get across? Celebrity is easy to access in this day and age if you're willing to do something drastic? Young adults are dumb?

I came to the conclusion that the real message of the film is "Don't stick your dick in crazy". I'm not even joking. Gordon, this movie should be a must see for your boy. There is a genuine lesson here about the passion of young love, what happens when you let it make your decisions, and the inevitable consequences.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Infamous (2020)

Post by TheCatt »

Bitcoin!
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Infamous (2020)

Post by Leisher »

True. Bitcoin is only used for illegal activities, and thus, would be perfect.

I've decided this is a great movie for teenage boys to watch, but not teenage girls. At least, not without someone there to explain Bella is nuts.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”